Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong in thinking those trucks were from a coal tender?
Says the car was built in 1927. :)
You're missing a brake wheel.
Nice score all in all.
Maybe a coal tender also. Many freight cars of the second half of XIX century also had them. That's what cought my eye; those misplaced trucks on a 1927 hopper😃. You're probably thinking of the famous Casey Jones 4-6-0 engine that typifies the era. And yes the missing brake wheel, i should have one in my junk boxes.

That car looked so familiar just different trucks still metal just plain old sprung trucks

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    472.1 KB · Views: 17
Terry has done better over the years than the financial guy we were using until her retirement. In 2008 when she looked at the fees we were paying we decided to let her handle the investment. We (she really as I just nod) have done very well and didn’t have pay for her doing it. We still invest about 30% of our earnings though Warren Buffet and company and that has been nothing but sweet. But in reality it gave us comfort because while we’ll never see that money the kids will someday in the hopefully far future. it did give a cushion so Terry could take some risks in the SM.

She has mentioned in the last few days another set of reasons we should leave Wisconsin behind. The taxes on SS and investment. Plus we do have taxes on earned income. Northeastern Florida, Nevada, Texas, Arizona all places neither of us want to live have now become much more entertaining.
Are you sure you want to move for that reason? It's a lot of work. Don't know the amount of stuff you have but tearing down a model lay out would be 1 reason to not move an inch, apart from renting a mover and put all you memories in boxes!! Don't ask how I know.

Good afternoon all. A cheese toastie and a pot of tea please, Flo.

Tanks
As a lad I often read about how powerful 'Tiger' tanks were. 'Panthers' were hardly mentioned. Such was the information given.

When I lived in Leeds the Royal Ordnance Factory, Barnbow was 'up the road' so to speak. Churchill's, Chieftain's, then Challenger tanks were produced there.

As my layout is based around the area I have a few tanks on low loaders. I have pictures 'somewhere'. Must find them, or take more pictures.

Paying a financial manager, only benefits the income of the manager, and his firm. My MIL, invested with a small firm that specialized in "serving" senior investors. Her concern was not losing principal, so she saw nothing wrong with 12-B-1 funds that paid generous fees to the advisor. It was amazing how much her yield increased once we changed custody of her account to another firm. Advisors prey on those wo son't understand the markets.
Reading all the little words, cost a lot of time but will save a lot of $$$. When you hear all the advertising of financial products, I wonder who is taken the big $$. It might (sometimes its not even that) be legal but not moral. One company is advertising with a future profit and a deposit on that. Means you get $100,00 and later on you have to pay 1000,00 ????

No un-rusting the wheels, this thing will eventually get some grime on the sides to make sure it looks used.
To answer your second question; i was born and raised in Poland, specifically Lower Silesia which was a part of Germany before WW II. The steam locomotives were still used when i was a boy and the Kriegsloks (BR52) where the most numerous steam locomotives in Poland, with over 1400 examples after reparations and those purchased from Soviet Union. They were classified Ty2 on Polish National Railroad (PKP) and they are my favorite steam locomotives.

No un-rusting the wheels, this thing will eventually get some grime on the sides to make sure it looks used.
To answer your second question; i was born and raised in Poland, specifically Lower Silesia which was a part of Germany before WW II. The steam locomotives were still used when i was a boy and the Kriegsloks (BR52) where the most numerous steam locomotives in Poland, with over 1400 examples after reparations and those purchased from Soviet Union. They were classified Ty2 on Polish National Railroad (PKP) and they are my favorite steam locomotives.
I always enjoy reading the backgrounds and histories of our members here.
Such an eclectic blend. :)

Speaking of "Eclectic", Flo you're the very definition of the word!!!
Love how you put it together this morning. Flawless.
A true blessing to the species.
What? Buttering you up?
What's my angle? You're suspicious of me?
Can't a guy just be appreciative without being suspect?
Oh. I was spotted backing into your car?
Well, in my defense the spots are smaller now.
Plus, it was just a "Love" tap. :)
Okay. Before you tap me with a spatula, I'd like a breakfast sandwich please.
I believe it's number 56 on the breakfast specials.
Yup. Sausage, egg, ham, bacon and cheese crammed into a large, toasted bun with lettuce and tomato.
A touch of miracle whip too.
If you want, I'll have Mitch come down from the Broake & Howe's fab shop.
He can leave their truck with you while he touches up your car's bumper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back