Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
TODD -- Extra Large White Eggs at WMT this morning are $3.50 for 18 count.
Works out to 19 cents an egg. They're the BIG ones!
We just paid $3.29/dozen for jumbo eggs. Last week I picked eggs at Walmart without looking for the price. After leaving the store I paid $9.18 for a 36-pack of large eggs. Large my A$$!

In case you are wondering I eat two hard boiled eggs every day. Three of the (large) robin eggs from Walmart!

Do you make a "proper" tea, 😁 or do you use tea bags? What brand of tea do you use?

I've grown fond of Lipton's tea for my home brewed iced tea. My wife likes Earl Grey for her occasional hot tea.

I like 'proper tea', but these days it comes in tea bags. Good name tea rather than cheap supermarket blend.

A good blend 'Breakfast Tea'. Tea and milk in first, then boiling water. Leave for length of time wanted. Dawn doesn't like it strong.

Apparently I make the best cup according to the family. Even the grandchildren agree.

Whereas the family just drink tea, I like various blends.
Afternoon tea, Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Ceylon, Lapsang Souchong, Green tea, Jasmine tea to name a few.

Good Sunday all!

Not much going on here today. The Daytona 500 has been postponed due to rain, until tomorrow at 4. Wife is at Target the Michael's, so I may not see her for awhile. The dogs have been fed and pooped, so they are napping and all I have to do today is fill up the rack for the wood stove and dump the ash pan. So I get to play a bit.
I always get the last word. I may not be brave enough to say it out loud and its in my head, but I do get the last word! :D

Least thats how I see it!
I admit, I did get a chuckle out of that as it reminded me of the Ex. I never could get the last word, even if I just said ok, she had a response. sometimes I would just throw out another word like fine, or we're done, and she would have some word or phrase back at me. It was almost comical at times. Fast forward to today, 7 years and no arguments, we both hope to keep the streak going!

Willie, like you I have many built structures packed away, just waiting to be "planted". That Texaco station is awesome!

Tea, I prefer mine Twisted!

Afternoon All,

Started out the day like yesterday, cold, rainy and dark and still rainy. Currently 56F. The day started with animal chores and washing bed sheets. In the train room I double headed my 2-Y6b's for the first time ever. I have a BLI (last release) with WOW sound and a Heritage (older) with Tsunami. They ran surprisingly well with the older unit slightly slower. I ran them for about 40 minutes while I cleaned the work bench and put stuff away. I'm taking a week or so break before starting on the next kit.

Thank you for all the photo likes yesterday.

Smudge- Nice looking diesel and interesting video.

Terry- I wish you the best with the new job.

Joe- Thank you.

Guy- Good start to the build and interesting car.

Jaz- Great job on painting the animals and people.

Old97- So true about job complainers.

Swal- I'll take my 2 days of rain.

Bill- Interesting photo.

Sherrel- Thank you. Feel better buddy.

Todd- Can you post a pic of your progress?

TomO- Congrats on your win?

Willie- Good looking structures.

David- Nice layout photo. Women have memories like elephants. Enjoy your granddaughters time there.

20240218_101641.jpg

20240218_102931.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day like yesterday, cold, rainy and dark and still rainy. Currently 56F. The day started with animal chores and washing bed sheets. In the train room I double headed my 2-Y6b's for the first time ever. I have a BLI (last release) with WOW sound and a Heritage (older) with Tsunami. They ran surprisingly well with the older unit slightly slower. I ran them for about 40 minutes while I cleaned the work bench and put stuff away. I'm taking a week or so break before starting on the next kit.

Thank you for all the photo likes yesterday.

Smudge- Nice looking diesel and interesting video.

Terry- I wish you the best with the new job.

Joe- Thank you.

Guy- Good start to the build and interesting car.

Jaz- Great job on painting the animals and people.

Old97- So true about job complainers.

Swal- I'll take my 2 days of rain.

Bill- Interesting photo.

Sherrel- Thank you. Feel better buddy.

Todd- Can you post a pic of your progress?

TomO- Congrats on your win?

Willie- Good looking structures.

David- Nice layout photo. Women have memories like elephants. Enjoy your granddaughters time there.

View attachment 181598

View attachment 181599

I hope everyone has a good night.
Love is not response to your comment re my work, it is for your turntable - awesome, and very nice cliffs, I would weather cliffs more but that is just a personal thing ,that said they really look great

I like 'proper tea', but these days it comes in tea bags. Good name tea rather than cheap supermarket blend.

A good blend 'Breakfast Tea'. Tea and milk in first, then boiling water. Leave for length of time wanted. Dawn doesn't like it strong.

Apparently I make the best cup according to the family. Even the grandchildren agree.

Afternoon tea, Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Ceylon, Lapsang Souchong, Green tea, Jasmine tea to name a few.
Thank you, interesting. Our mother country, your home is the land of tea, and I was curious.

I have an Australian friend that schooled me on "proper tea".

I used to drink the cheapest tea I could find $0.99/100 tag less bags in my home brewed iced tea. My wife has spoiled me with Lipton's tea. Lipton is a British-American brand of tea. It is one of the most popular, if not the most popular brands found in our supermarkets.

I'll bow out of the goulash discussion. I'll eat it but have no experience or knowledge nor witty comebacks with regards to it.
Lol again it’s a Hungarian thing, but chilli with paprika would be in the right direction
no caraway `Bruette? You light weight lol, is cos they stick in you teeth from time to time?
I love caraway bread sone polish shops have it yum yum,but no I do gluten free and no wheat I have to make my own, I won’t bother with a recipe because you need to be a serious Keto lover to bother. Unless any Keto lovers who eat physillium husk rather than almond flour and a touch of coconut flour. It makes rolls, and bread you can cut and toast I find best in an air fryer…stopping before I go whole recipe lol.
And always up for your input, the more jokers there are the more fun it is.

Love jasmine tea, green
you need to check out Waitrose brand when the Red Sea issue allows deliveries 2.20 for 160 bags less than half Yorkshire tea the other brand we buy, he buys that as apparantly the teabag is paper, sone teabags are plastic and put plastic in your gut….gross.

Waitrose teabag comes wrapped in foiled and goes way past best before date.

How to make the worst cup of tea, ever.......

Cup
Tea
Condensed Milk
Sugar or sweetener if required
Tap water

Microwave for 3 1/2 mins

That's how relatives of my wife made it, they only made it once for me, and after that, I made my own..
Totally gross
Mug, not small not giant
tea bag, I tried loose but one tea leaf and he won’t finish the tea
erithrytol his preferred sweetner
when he first stopped sugar he liked honey but admitted it clouded the tea taste
filtered water
boiled and water must hit teabag within 30 - 60 secs of boiling or you get a frown
leave tea bag to mature walk to fridge get double cream (was milk until avoided lactose milk/sugar)
add two teaspoons of cream, stir before hot water wrecks cream if colour has a small red tinge you can remove tea bag otherwise uptown up down and squeeze
offer husband see if sugar is okay or get more sugar
if teabag split…….run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back