Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somedays we look at the cards of life we are dealt with. What a rotten hand; there is a two and a four. How am I going to get through?

It is bad enough battling a heartbeat that skips any way it wishes and a living life after a stroke.

Then Dawn is in hospital and told she has four hours (at the most) to live. A two and a four, what a rubbish hand.

Then I stopped focussing on the two and four. I saw the Ace and three; oh and a five. A Jack, ten, nine an eight came into focus. What is that? A six and seven. A blurred vision of a King and even blurrier Queen.

Suddenly my Queen became clearer. Dawn was going nowhere. She has grandchildren to see and look after.

If the cards of life look bleak, focus on them all and not the two or four.

Thoughts & Peace to All who Require

Morning folks,

Another typical February day in SW Montana, light snow and 25F.

I'm in the same situation as George, just running part of a year behind. I'm reasonably certain my wife will not make it out of 2024 at home and I'm not doing all that well with the "re-adjustment" in life. But like mentioned, you have to play the hand you are dealt.

Yes, snow is frozen water, and water and electricity don't react well to each other.
Yeah, but...During the entire existence of the GG1, it only happened twice....Never happened to the other motors....The only MUs susceptible to snow related failures were the Metroliners....but that was chronic, and GG1s were coupled ahead to pull the Metroliner cars as a matter of course.

Good morning from another airport on a different day but the second one already today. I am waiting for the flight into Madison from Dallas. I am going home! The knee feels decent this morning but I am not able to handle pain meds stronger then Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I knew I should not have taken that codiene laced Tylenol yesterday. But I did and didn’t sleep but maybe for an hour last night. So around 3 I made the decision and purchased my tickets, woke the son up and said my good byes. Flight at 5:40, Austin to Dallas was 1/2 full.

The Monday before Thanksgiving 2022 I hurt my knee and had surgery. Other than the initial injury it was never this continously painful. The MRI shows nothing torn per the MRI tech and the doctor who reviewed it. They sent it on to my orthopedic surgeon who his nurse said he will review it after his surgeries this morning. Well, I’ll be home if he needs to see me. Dr. ME thinks I need the fluid drained to relieve the swelling and pain.

I read an email I missed reading on Tuesday from Scaletrains. The pre-ordered reefers should at their warehouse late this week! I really thought we’d see them in March but it’s fine… I just before typing here put the credit card info on my order and I’m sure made the Tennessee economy a little bit better

TROY, do you think it’s really JAZa who has returned? Seems to me there are too many punctuation marks in the correct spot plus there is spacing. There doesn’t seem to be enough run on sentences to confirm…

Some of her run on sentences bordered on legendary

Just kidding JazA you know we missed you…

enjoy your day
I think you knew I broke my Ankle, and had my knee dislocated after a rat scared my three goats (fyi I eventually i aaccepted I was now too nervous to milk or care for them - they have returned to the breeder, and escaped the butcher despite threats)

anyway initially my physiotherapist was like your lazy you should be doing much more than this and your exaggerating the pain, I stopped going but got my back to orthopaedic surgeons check up who said ah by the way the latest check up shows your patella broke in two (maybe at time and photo was wrong angle or the crack we did see gave up the ghost. it will eventually grind down and allow better movement just keep exercising when you can and avoid the knee messing with your gait causing other issues…..and here’s a prescription for paracetamol free codeine! well I got the other issues but rest helps and I can see the problem coming so I have the perfect excuse to sit, and slowly but surely the one bone in two bits wore each other enough for me to get back to walking AND to get back into half decent heels, well in boots strapping angles still bring me out in a bit of a sweat.

But I wear them around the house on the odd occasion, husbands always notices…grins.

Anyway the point finally…the medical staff don’t always have the right answers, (sometimes not their fault) they are not always empathetic (that is their fault) and some go the extra yard to give you options to help you recover (bonus points to those that do) and unfortunately it is luck of the draw….so if you seems like a pig, think pig and push for a second opinion asap.
Was specifically talking about snow impacting electric trains.
come on you know I ramble and go off topiic…I mentioned snow…winks……fyi snow hurt us this year on the trains, as did floods (warmer snow) and do not even get me started on wet leaves especially snow covered ones.
OK first day back who is already groaning. Careful what you wish for…..sniggers.

Yeah amazingly when not nagged I do tend to pay a little more attention too …taking a breath adding punctuation, BUT hey I would miss Snarky comments :D :p

Good afternoon, all! We awoke to a warm day, 72 degrees. Mostly cloudy with rain forecasted for the weekend. I ran a few trains yesterday, sent a switcher to pick up loaded cars for industries and set out for pick up. I received a new Bar Mills kit, J. T. Baum Tobacco. I also ordered another building, Woody's, a JL Innovations kit that I hope to use downtown, part of my quest to replace old plastic buildings.

From the archives
1707417611613.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Afternoon All,

Started out the day doing chores then weathered the 2 flats then glued down the shingles on half of the main roof card then had to get ready for the funeral I attended today. Tomorrow I'll finish shingling the roof card then I have a dental appointment that I expect to be quite painful afterwards.😭

David- It's amazing what businesses try to get away with.

Guy- Nice photos. The F22's are 30' HD flats. They were first produced in 1913 but some lasted into the 60's.

Jaz- WELCOME BACK. Politicians and businesses are the same everywhere.

Troy- Best wishes for your SIL.

Sherrel- Has all that rain helped the local water reservoirs?

Terry- Good luck with the job hunt.

Bill- Nice photo.

David- Have fun with grandson and the Legos. Note: Don't step on one in bare feet.

Hughie- Great layout scene.

20240208_091954.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Last edited:
I am in the house and in my chair in my cave. My orthopedic surgeon looked at the knee and had me do lots of things with it but no twisting. He did drain the fluid build up only because he said it wasn’t inflamed. He said better your knee then breaking a hip! It still hurts but he said the pain will go away and see him again in 4 weeks. NO GOLF until he sees me again. Terry asked if she should come home and I said no. I can exercise in the pool and walk in it but no swimming. Walking is tough work in 5’ of water.

But over all I am fine and the knee will recover. Doctor equates it to about where I was 2-4 weeks after the surgery. They gave me a fitted cane with a tripod base to use. I have been invited to the daughter’s place for dinner tonight. I have no driving restrictions but just thinking about getting into my Jetta has me thinking, use Terry’s SUV.

nap time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back