Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to keep in mind, Even if the last 3 pages of a monthly statement are blank, you have to produce them...otherwise the case worker handling the case will consider it withholding information...No common sense here. And be sure they are in order. Hang in there Swal!
I just realized something today, Boris. I have 500 or more pages of bank records because every time I use my debit card it recodes the transaction. I use it a lot for everything. Now the lawyer assistant has to go over all these transactions page by page at $150.00 an hour. In unclear to me how much that will cost. I had to leave a $3,000,00 retainer there yesterday. On another note, I did buy some golf balls at Dick's Sporting Goods this year and they say the Government is searching for all transactions if you bought something from Dick's or Bass Pro. I should have paid cash for the golf balls.
They got me now.
Swal

The permanent nursing home stay for my wife gets more complicated by the day. Now our lawyer wants all the stock transactions for the last five years. Our WellsFargo advisors make these trades daily. Only in the last week did I download the app and sell stock. There are 14 pages to print out on the monthly statement we receive. We never printed any of the stock statements out until now. How many more pages will I have to drop off at our lawyer's office. Hundreds. I can't wait until this is over with.
Swal
They're racking up time

Last week after the snow fall i ended up train chasing a "Jersey Arrow III" through Newark and into Harrison...in a tractor trailer no less😃:
IMG_20240123_081223065.jpg

I'm heading east on I280 and the Arrow is heading toward Hoboken on what was Delaware, Lackawanna and Western.
IMG_20240123_081226659.jpg

Second one is not as good, but it shows a signal bridge on former Lackawanna line. Further behind the Arrow is the Northeast Corridor, and a place which long time ago was called the "Manhattan Transfer". There after the original 1910 third rail electrification, Pennsylvania Railroad trains from New York City exchanged their electric DD1s for steam classes E and K to propel the trains from New York further south and west. Trains incoming from Philly of course would drop their steam locomotives and would get a DD1 on the head end for a trip under the Hudson River into Manhattan.

I just realized something today, Boris. I have 500 or more pages of bank records because every time I use my debit card it recodes the transaction. I use it a lot for everything. Now the lawyer assistant has to go over all these transactions page by page at $150.00 an hour. In unclear to me how much that will cost. I had to leave a $3,000,00 retainer there yesterday. On another note, I did buy some golf balls at Dick's Sporting Goods this year and they say the Government is searching for all transactions if you bought something from Dick's or Bass Pro. I should have paid cash for the golf balls.
They got me now.
Swal
This country is quickly becoming something worse than communists would ever think of.

Correct, Chad.

The Angles and Saxons came from part of what is now Germany. The Angles settled in Anglia. The Saxons settled in Essex, Middlesex and Wessex

The Vikings controlled Northumbria (North of the River Humber.) Jorvik (York) a main settlement.
The French arrived. Then everyone seems to want to be here. Even Grandmother and her children arrived from U.S.A.. 😂

Welcome to England. :)

Of course the "French" were really just Frenchified vikings who'd been there a century or two. The Normans (== Northmen) were vikings who a few centuries earlier had been raiding France and going up the Seine and trying to sack Paris. The French got tired of it and told them they could have the coastal country (now called Normandy) to be their own as long as they swore fealty to the French king and left Paris and the rest of the place alone. So the ikings settled there and became Frenchified Normans. But they continued to marry from the "old country" for a good while and I believe that William the Conqueror, the Norman who invaded England in 1066 and took over the place, was cousings with King Harold, the English King that he beat at Hastings.

And King Harold had just months before, in late 1065, up in York, beaten a Norwegian invasion force. The Norwegian King, King Harald Hardrada (something like that) had been a ruler in Kiev and a big Varangian general in Constantinople who led the Greek armies in the Mediterranean and inherited the Norwegian throne (he was Norwegian or at least Scandinavian) and was also some sort of relation like a cousin to King Harold of England. He wanted to expand the Norwegian kingdom by increasing the "viking" stronghold in England and so landed at York. He was not yet ready for battle and the English surprised him and beat him and killed him. But then the French were threatening and King Harold had to run from York down south where he was beat at Hastings.

The Varangian Guard in Constantinople were a Viking based group of mercenary guards that the Byzantine Emperor kept. Swedish and other Scandinavian Vikings had gone down the rivers of Russia / Eastern Europe raiding and had founded Kiev. They ended up in their raids attacking Constantinople multiple times. Biggest and richest city they had ever seen. They were never successful but it annoyed and scared the Byzantine emperor so he invited them in and hired them as his own elite guard units. Eventually the Varangian guard evolved to no longer be just Viking types, but also English and other thrill seekers in the later centuries of its existence. So this Harald Hardrada of Norway, who had been in Kiev, became a leader of the Varangian guard and a trusted general to the Byzantine Greek armies. Before becoming King of Norway and trying to invade England and getting killed at York.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day in the mid 40's again this morning. We did the skunk rescue before lunch. After getting home I messed with programming CV's in my Pennsy B6. After that I painted the 3D printed still, put it in the woods with 2 moonshiners and a dog. MOH suggested 2 cops walking towards the scene, which I probably will do. Tomorrow I'll start on the last Christmas kit I received. The kit is FOS Wiley Waterproofing which is a middle-sized manufacturer. Wiley is MOH's maiden name.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Troy- That's horrible. I wish them the best. I hope your tinnitus gets better.

Bill- Great photo.

David- Have fun with grandson.

Joe- It wouldn't be Wells Fargo would it? It took us months to get Dad to cancel his accounts with them.

Patrick- It sounds like a pain in the butt. MOH and I have a small notebook with the passwords.

Grizzled- Neat photo.

Sherrel- My prayers are with you.

Mac- Nice photos.

I hope everyone has a good night.

They got me now.
Swal
The other problem with this, is that they want hard copies of everything, meaning you are paying for the ink, and the paper as well as putting in the time, downloading the documents. The hidden cost of paperless statements. And, if they request something older than what the bank makes available for download, you personally have to go to the bank, prove you are who you are, and get them to provide the documents. Sometimes they want a fee, other times, they will waive the fee. In the end, everything comes out of your pocket.

It's also interesting that they look at normal transactions you may purchase on your debit card, (like golf balls, or trains), and question the purchases, especially during the five previous years, implying you knew or should have known this situation was going to happen, and should have been more prudent with your expenditures....

I suppose lawyers and case workers, never do anything personal or private, and have written justification for every expenditure.

Oh, one more thing, make sure you have a bill or MSN from Medicare, for all medical encounters during the five year period. They may question any and all encounters related to her medical condition over 5 years.

Joe- It wouldn't be Wells Fargo would it? It took us months to get Dad to cancel his accounts with them.
They are difficult to deal with, aren't they? The MIL had numerous accounts open with the Stagecoach. The banker in Pennsylvania was helpful, in closing her excess bank accounts, but they refused to close the high credit credit line, claiming the POA did not cover that...Ultimately, when the Stagecoach realized the account was never going to be used, they closed it on their own. Stubborn.

The other problem with this, is that they want hard copies of everything, meaning you are paying for the ink, and the paper as well as putting in the time, downloading the documents. The hidden cost of paperless statements. And, if they request something older than what the bank makes available for download, you personally have to go to the bank, prove you are who you are, and get them to provide the documents. Sometimes they want a fee, other times, they will waive the fee. In the end, everything comes out of your pocket.

It's also interesting that they look at normal transactions you may purchase on your debit card, (like golf balls, or trains), and question the purchases, especially during the five previous years, implying you knew or should have known this situation was going to happen, and should have been more prudent with your expenditures....

I suppose lawyers and case workers, never do anything personal or private, and have written justification for every expenditure.

Oh, one more thing, make sure you have a bill or MSN from Medicare, for all medical encounters during the five year period. They may question any and all encounters related to her medical condition over 5 years.
Boris I think it's finally over. They wanted to know the cash in value of her life insurance policy and the prepaid funeral money she has in an account at the funeral home. The lawyer says I need to add up all her assets. It can't be over $30,000 in assets and $30,000 in income. It's going to be close. I called her retirement fund accounts to make sure they received my POA I merged into a pdf file and emailed them. Maybe I can play golf Friday that would be something different.
Swal

Boris I think it's finally over. They wanted to know the cash in value of her life insurance policy and the prepaid funeral money she has in an account at the funeral home. The lawyer says I need to add up all her assets. It can't be over $30,000 in assets and $30,000 in income. It's going to be close. I called her retirement fund accounts to make sure they received my POA I merged into a pdf file and emailed them. Maybe I can play golf Friday that would be something different.
Swal
Keep your chin up, and good luck on the links Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back