Magilla’s first layout build.

using heat or moving air to speed up the drying is not advices either.
Actually, Envirotex recommends using heat, a lighter or similar, to remove any bubbles that appear after the pour and before it dries. I only converted to Envirotex Lite two rivers/lakes ago but haven't so far had any issues with the depth of my pours or using a butane lighter to remove bubbles.

Caveat - this is for Envirotex, I can't and wont say if it applies to Modge Podge or any other medium.

Mod Podge is not acrylic, it’s epoxy. Not sure how much difference that makes. And why so deep, it’s hard to show moss and structure in the pond if it’s only an 1/8 inch thick. The secret to any poor like this is not the stir to fast and pour really slow so you don’t create bubbles. I’ll use a heat gun to get rid of the bubbles I get because I’m afraid a lighter might burn some of the detail I’ll have in the pond.

Check this stuff out. im going to try it. 965AAFD2-81A5-467C-9621-67403D89E8E1.png

I wonder if you painted the stuff on; if it would be better than pouring. Might take longer, but might alleviate some of the cracking?

Can't speak for Modge Podge (MP) but Envirotex Lite is a two part resin and is designed to be poured and to be self levelling. I assume MP is the same or similar. I'm guessing if you were to brush it on you might be better off just painting the river/lake bed and giving it a couple of coats of high gloss clear lacquer.

That being said - will be interested to see how the Epodex @magilla12 found works.

For the water features on my layout, I poured a base of epoxy and, once that was fully dried a cured, I topped it off with glossy Mod Podge applied with spoon to make waves. No problems with the epoxy cracking. That countertop is GEORGIOUS and proof that a deep pour isn't a problem for epoxy.
I saw one that brushed on HP glue then blew it with a straw. It looked pretty good.

I think what you have planned will work just fine. This is a shot from my previous layout. Its a 2 part epoxy poured to a depth of around 1/2" or so. I tinted it with a couple drops of paint to tint it. The bubbles i got rid of with the straw method. As you can see it shows good depth, and great reflection.

1677978966874.png

Back