Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual I slightly modified my track plan.😀

Before:

126.jpg

After:

125.jpg

I am with you Willie......couple things to keep in mind:

My Grandma always said hug your enemies so you know how big of hole to dig.

Never mess with a man who can kill you from another zip code...

Never trust a man that your dog does not like......

Mess with a Divemaster and they will never find you.....ever.

Jimmy Hoffa? ......My grandad still has the shovel......

Beware of owner whose dogs are named Smith, Wesson, Colt, Ruger, Savage, Shiloh, Rossi, Kimber, Beretta, Moss....

Security and insurance signs provided by S&W, Colt, Ruger, Savage, Shiloh, M&P, Glock, Rossi, Kimber, Beretta, Marlin Remington, Ithica, Mosberg ....

The no Trespassing and Private Property warning sings are for your protection. Best to have to have your life in order to meet your maker.......so do to inflation and price gouging and other incurred expenses you will not hear what's coming......

;)
It is true about dogs, I had a new puppy and an ex came around wanting to hook up again,I should have sent him away but did not want a scene on the door step,he was good looking but about as faithful as vd hence our parting, anyway I went to go make him a tea and heard my puppy Doberman squeal, for reasons not obvious she was up stairs and had wet herself,it did not take me a second to add 2 and 2 and he was out the door minus the tea, I know not what he did but later when she was bigger he made the mistake of approaching me again, he got a full throttle low growl from the dog sat in the back seat of my old spitfire,she liked the back seat as the soft top had a zip window and she could pop her head out the window while I drove,anyway she had full flappy ears and often got honked, anyway he retreated,who knows where who cares,had she been out of the car I would have been tempted to let her have him. lucky for him my other half who I was going out with by then was not in the area as I suspect his pretty face would have been re arranged,the other half is nice looking just never spends ages gazing at himself in the mirror. I definitely traded in for the better model.

I had a weirmerraner and I always thought her soft but when out walking her I was by a canal and some teenage boys who were laughing and joking were coming my way,she took one look and my soft little thing puffed out and let our a growl worthy of a bear 🐻 they took one look at her and turned and retreated, I always wondered if I was going to be mugged or something, but anyways the dog was taking no chances.

I have had dogs pretty much my whole life, my dad said if I was a kid and missing he need only find the closest dog,especially when on holiday in a camping site, They have never steered me wrong. Yes once or twice I got bitten,but going up to a dog at full throttle can be intimidating for the dog,

Gotta love dogs, I like cats,own them,but a dog is much better in my opinion. Plus with a dog it is not all about food, just mostly, laughs.
I suppose it is why I model dogs not cats on the layout, although I have bought cats for it.

Attachments

• 2CA90F37-AA0B-4354-B52F-95FE39E8236E.jpeg
    2CA90F37-AA0B-4354-B52F-95FE39E8236E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • B3DFB628-72B3-4D98-8830-617829A5F94C.jpeg
    B3DFB628-72B3-4D98-8830-617829A5F94C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • C02B766B-5943-4E31-9A39-75F172B409FA.jpeg
    C02B766B-5943-4E31-9A39-75F172B409FA.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 63
  • E66312A7-02D2-4417-91E1-7A852DB553D5.jpeg
    E66312A7-02D2-4417-91E1-7A852DB553D5.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 445191A9-F454-46F5-B997-86699E1DA894.jpeg
    445191A9-F454-46F5-B997-86699E1DA894.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 6751FF54-1E4A-49AA-902C-D0990CA6690A.jpeg
    6751FF54-1E4A-49AA-902C-D0990CA6690A.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 72
  • B4546D61-D1F1-4615-8AA6-883438A826B7.jpeg
    B4546D61-D1F1-4615-8AA6-883438A826B7.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 65
Jaz I've had both dogs and cats like em both Had a cat that would attack any strange dog that came around
and then there's this one bought her a kiddy pool filled it with water she was playing in it so went in the house for a bit this is what I came back to

Attachments

• DSC_0121.JPG
    DSC_0121.JPG
    481.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0123.JPG
    DSC_0123.JPG
    609.9 KB · Views: 72
Been working... some pics of the destruction...

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 3.04.55 PM.png

65x46 in mirror... anyone want it?

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 3.05.02 PM.png

drat, cracked a tile getting the stack of drawers out....

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 3.05.10 PM.png

Mirror gone and in the garage. Tile still cracked. Got some drywall work to attend to.
Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 3.05.20 PM.png

and I need to disconnect that outlet and time. Nice idea to have a timered outlet for the curling irons... but wife always unplugs hers. I'll pull those, and put a blank cover on it if the new vanity doesn't cover it.

Afternoon All,

Did a bunch of running around today with the boss but did finish the track in the second section. Tomorrow I'll start the ground cover in this section.

I was watching the national news last night and there was a story about another person being threatened with "contempt of congress". Every time I hear this phrase, I think about how much contempt I have for congress. Both political sides are dragging this country down.

Thank you for all the likes on the photos yesterday.

Joe- Nice photo. I looked but I couldn't find a photo of it. Happy Anniversary and have a safe trip.

Ken- When I was a member of a club (Orlando) there was a British gentleman that showed up every winter. Talk about a long-distance snowbird!

Troy- Home renovations are so much fun...Not! My daughter's first house had a bathroom sink like that.

Christian- Check the connections between the power pack and track. Both of the L shaped plans look good.

Guy- Good luck with your son's truck. Nice photo.

Willie- Great news about Arlene. I use a handicap shower chair when I do wiring under the layout. It saves my knees and lower back. For some reason your trading post gave me flashbacks to the old Stuckey's while traveling in the west back in the 60's.

Sherrel- Not to worry. All the scenery I've been working on is in the first 1/3 of the layout. Think of an "E" shape with the engine facility at the end of one leg. Nothing but trackwork has been done on the other 2 legs.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I am with you Willie......couple things to keep in mind:

My Grandma always said hug your enemies so you know how big of hole to dig.

Never mess with a man who can kill you from another zip code...

Never trust a man that your dog does not like......

Mess with a Divemaster and they will never find you.....ever.

Jimmy Hoffa? ......My grandad still has the shovel......

Beware of owner whose dogs are named Smith, Wesson, Colt, Ruger, Savage, Shiloh, Rossi, Kimber, Beretta, Moss....

Security and insurance signs provided by S&W, Colt, Ruger, Savage, Shiloh, M&P, Glock, Rossi, Kimber, Beretta, Marlin Remington, Ithica, Mosberg ....

The no Trespassing and Private Property warning sings are for your protection. Best to have to have your life in order to meet your maker.......so do to inflation and price gouging and other incurred expenses you will not hear what's coming......

;)
Always wanted the signs on the fence at the AF base...... Warning no trespassing use of deadly force is authorized by the installation commander.

Amazon secret, the photos are more to make sure drivers are doing their jobs. It doesn't hurt if customers believe it is proof of delivery.

The proliferation of Ring cameras and other video surveillance is helping, but many thieves are brazen. Jonesing for a fix makes addicts crazy enough to do anything. Addiction is the root cause for much of all crime.

Amazon is plagued by theft and scams, from within and out. They are regularly changing and adding to the policies and procedures at all distribution centers. I'm almost certain they are doing the same throughout the company.

JAZ - I have had many dogs all my adult life. When I was young, my Mom didn't want a dog in the house, so I had to settle for a cat - mind you - they are good companions, but just not as much fun as a dog. About 15 years back, we had a beautiful weirmerraner lab mix, but at about age 7 she developed some type of blood poison and passed after three weeks. Broke my heart, the vet had her bed by his desk at the clinic and allowed me to visit her whenever I wanted which was twice a day. He tried everything he could, but could not save her. She looked exactly like this one!
1639621784972.png

I don't know why, but every time I try and put a photo on - I can never add text afterwards?

MIKEGTW - that is a beauty of a pup you have there - my, my!

Willie - I had a list and got everything on the list, but what I did not get was things swmbo told me to get as I went out the door. Now days, if I don;t write it down - likely I will forget it?

Just like this post - I was going to comment on several things - I have to start making a list -- oh yeah ...
GUY - excellent photo of the gravel train and the other one in the snow is good too!

GARY, I like the scenery style - reminds me of Colorado, I once had a path 7 feet wide shoveled to get to the car at the street.
The snow was piled over my head on each side - from that point forward, my path was closing in on the sides.
We had a lot of snow that year. Purgatory Ski Resort just south of us had over a 100 inch base!

Patrick - I am with you all the way on the poly-tics ... they are all rotten and crooks. Truman said it best!

JAMES - Very good skit there of Rod Stewart. My BIL worked on his home here in LA. JOHN was a on site crew boss of many high end homes and spent three years building Kenny G's house on an island out of Seattle. He would spend three weeks up there and fly back here one week each month. I don't remember all the details, but his pay for that time approached 1/4 mil., plus his lodging and transport. I forget how large and the cost of the home ... I know he told me that they had to tear down the whole back of the house (two story stone) and rebuild it, because it was 6 feet less that "G" wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back