Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Ive tried several times to find just whom makes scale chain and couldnt come up with anything either. Not even the jewelery type chain gets small enough to match prototype chain in HO, close but not qute close enough. Ive also walked through craft stores trying to find the small stuff in thier department of necklace chain type products.

When you hold this 40L stuff up to the light, it makes you marvel how the hell they can even make this and for a couple of bucks a foot as well! When I was looking for the 32, I came across one place that made miniature double row drive chain for scale machinery and single row for scale motorcycles.

Might have to go and scoure some of the local pawnbrokers and Op shops.

Thanks for the picture of that scraper Toot, I was running the idea around to take one and split it on two depressed center flats, but I might just try it on one instead.

I just finished a couple of gondolas. Weathered, dented up and added loads.

P1010554.jpg

P1010555.jpg

Certainly seem to have had a hard life with little in the way of respect shown them. Are they seen much in service these days?

Certainly seem to have had a hard life with little in the way of respect shown them. Are they seen much in service these days?

Every gondola I've seen are banged up pretty good. This is the prototype photo I was working from.

20Cadiz%2520CA_Steven%2520Vincent_2007-06-19_67823.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice loads!

Did you make the retaining stone walls?

Thank you very much,as far as the stone wall goes,no I didn't make it got it at the nmmraa convention in Seattle,Wa I think in 2000? I wish I had brought more only saw them once more and then they went "Poof" I'm still trying to reproduce the wall to this day!
L

Great loads, I like the laser cut structural timber, looks very effective,

But have you no sympathy at all for your depressed centre cars, fancy loading them up with more cares of the world and expect them to cope. :p

Back