Running Bear's November 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone....sunny in Wisconsin.

Last night I figured out that I need turnout indicator lights on the mine to see what the turnouts positions were since the area is at eye level. I'll need three, two light fixtures of some type and mini wire and connectors to connect to the Tortoise switch machines. This should also add some interest to a another wise dull scene. The mine has three spurs leading in the hopper area. I like new projects.

Greg

#############
For a while I've been seeing adverts for 'bi-color' led's. Some with only two 2 legs (anode/ cathode??) and some with 3 legs (2 anodes/ 1 cathode) in various sizes. I'm intending to try them out for switch position lights on a control board (green=normal, red=reverse)

Good morning....Blah day outside makes for a good train day inside.Did some weathering while waiting for paint to dry on the UPS trailers.
IMG_2319.jpg
IMG_2295.jpg

Afternoon All,

Did a couple of chores this morning then used up the rest of the corrugated roofing on the main Ice House building (need to order more). I put the roofing on the Icing platform yesterday. I also found a small 1 story structure in my old structure pile (not really a pile) that I will use as a office for it. I put glass in the windows, put on a new rolled paper roof and finally put on a chimney from my spare detail parts.

Louis- One thing that's great about most animals is the unconditional love once it's been earned.

Willie- After working EMS with the FD that supports WDW for 8 years if I never hear or see anything more about Disney I'll be happy.

Chet- Nice memories.

Tom- Welcome and really nice job on the loco and the trailer.

20181118_130830-1470x3024.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Nice work there, Just Call Me TOM - I'm just gonna shorten that to TOM - OK?
That trailer looks like a real one! A very nice model.

GREG - Yeah, don't think those little beagles would last long up there in the woods - unless maybe you had a pack of them. Donno! We have some really bold aggressive coyotes around here. Two-three of them will even take on a large dog - I hate them!

Smatter, CURT, I bet you found it hard to catch time to eat a sandwich. After 35 years I hate going to airports as well. 55 years ago we had a "runaway stabilizer" procedure on the B-727 - and every other a/c that I flew; now they are seeming to imply that the pilots were NOT versed on it in that LION AIR crash! Gimmie a break, is there no common sense anymore anywhere in the world?

OK - Here's a photo of the 4th tub/bucket of tree trash!
bean 02.jpg
bean 03.jpg

Two towers in the front with 4 speakers in the towers, smaller speakers at the back wall, a center speaker box with 2 speakers and a powered sub woofer in the middle of the room. The wife won't let me crank it up. Easy to rattle pictures on the wall.
Next time you're on your own, try this theme from the start. Volume cranked up. You won't just rattle them, they'll fly around the room

So I'm looking for some airplane pictures and type "B36" in the Google search box ...
I get a screen full of BRAS!

Tom .... I like the CSX SD40 and the UPS trailer. Nice work. Also, good to see you here in the Coffee Shop.

Interesting one come up on ebay.com.au. a Lionel HO GS4 SP Daylight with pancake motor, with it's original 1977 sales receipt, complete in it's box. Want me to give you the link Louis? Wouldn't do you any good anyway, only posts within Aussie.

Louis .... The Rivet Counters be damned. That B&O locomotive is absolutely gorgeous !

Louis - That is a nice looking locomotive. Sweet.

I agree! Best of all is that was a gift from my wife.

I had been reluctant to buy such an expensive locomotive. I was happy with my used Lionel stuff from the early 70s I had admired and wish for but could not afford when new and Lionel RTR sets. The most I had spent before I got that gift was almost $300 for the Lionel PRR Horseshoe Curve super deluxe freight set. Now I am addicted to the high end Legacy and Vision Line Lionel locomotives! My wife never blinks when I ask to buy something, her standard answer "buy whatever you want" lately she has added "why are you asking me?" I am one blessed man for so very many reasons, thank God.

Louis- One thing that's great about most animals is the unconditional love once it's been earned.

Curt you are so right! When we first got Tucker he would not come near me. He was abused by a man and only trusted women. It took some time. He bite me several times when I had to bring him in the house. I tried everything to get him to stop biting me. Finally when he bit me I would kiss him on the nose and tell him, it's ok, I love you. After a week or so he stopped biting me. Now he trusts me completely and follows me everywhere, he is my shadow. He still occasionally gets nervous with others, but never with me. When he gets nervous he comes to me.

Tucker loves everybody, even strangers now. He likes to sit on the back of our couch in the front window. When he sees people walk by most of the time he whines as if to say "come visit me". Very seldom will he bark. Sophie is the opposite, she barks at everybody! if she does not know the person it is a mean bark. If she knows them it is a happy bark.

Sorry I left so quickly yesterday, I forgot it was game time!

I was fortunate to have had the Ravens game setup to automatically record, I did not miss a thing. I was disappointed to see they started our rookie 1st round draft pick, Lamar Jackson, but he impressed me, with his legs. I was hoping with Joe Flacco injured we would get to see Robert Griffen (RGIII). Jackson was 13 of 19 for 150 yards passing, 1 INT, nothing special. He ran the ball 27 times for 117 yards, not bad!

Griffen has above average mobility, has better than average arm strength and good accuracy. Best of all he is extremely intelligent! Jackson is extremely mobile with wide receiver speed, but unconventional in his throwing motion and not the "brightest crayon in the box". I give the offensive coordinator, Marty Mornhinweg all the credit for a great game plan and play calling. When the Bengals focused on Jackson they gave the ball to another rookie, undrafted free agent RB Gus Edwards. Gus ran for 115yards on only 17 carries, 6.8 yards per carry and 1 TD.

Lucky for the Ravens AJ Green could not play, along with several other injuries to their receiver corp. It became a game of field position. We had no passing game to speak of, but the Bengals could not control our running game. Reminded me of the 1972 Bears with their running QB Bobby Douglas. it was fun to watch!

Like the 72 Bears (4-9-1) you won't win many games playing like this, but one week at a time until RGIII takes over or Flacco returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back