Running Bear's October 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone....beautiful weather in Wisconsin.

When down to the layout and ran some trains....but have one ore car that wants to derail. I checked the wheel and the wheel gauge is off slightly on the wheel sets which well could be the problem. Will fix after lunch. Should be an easy fix.

Looking for the CV's to stop several sound locos from starting up when power is applied to the track. Can't find the info....I have for my LokSound locos. They are Atlas locomotives.

Big band music is great!

See ya later.

Greg

One thing about political comments, it draws people into the coffee shop. :rolleyes: The down side is there is no compromise once a discussion begins. :eek:

The bottom line is that to paraphrase Simon & Garfinkle's Mrs. Robinson, No matter who wins, we lose!:rolleyes:

I come here because I want to avoid the advertisements on TV, the lame issues, and the lies, from all directions. Please keep it that way;)

Boris

Greg, Atlas has those cv settings in the support and document area of their website.
I used to go there for that info before I got a programmer, and cv settings became technically moot.

Afternoon All,

Did some chores earlier then built 2 platforms for the build. After they were built I gave both a A&I coat and then Hunterline Med Brown. After that dried I took some fine sandpaper to them to give them some age appearance.

Joe- Thank you.

Willie- Thank you. We are having our first cool spell. 60's in the morning and low 80's for a high.

Sherrel- Sounds like you have a lot to do before Wednesday.

Garry- I feel your pain about shopping while traveling. I have the same issue.

20181022_144016-1512x2016.jpg

Not permanently attached but where they go.

20181022_144355-1512x2016.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

It seems like just mentioning the elections can get a political discussion going.

So, the only thing safe about politics is to remind everybody to go vote November 6th for the candidate of your choice.
And don't tell us who that is.

I guess this is a reaction to my post which was a reaction to Bruette's post # 369.

World Series, I was pulling for the Astros and Brewers. I thought it would be interesting to see a former National League team (Astros) play a former American League team (Brewers).
I'll tell you who will win, the team with the best pitching and defense. It won't matter a bit what they did during the season or even during the playoffs. All that matters is how they play in the next 4-7 games. The only thing harder to do then picking a winner during the season; picking a winner in the post season!

Want another tip; don't play the ponies!

Willie: I cannot tear myself away from the TV -- I would miss "Gunsmoke", "Wagon Train", "Bonanza", and many others! LOL
However, "Star Trek Voyager" is still my favorite. I am a TV "junkie".

That is my kind of shows, don't forget Laramie! Do you have an extra seat? If so I'll be over shortly. I'll bring some low-fat, sugar free Ice Cream. Butter pecan is my favorite, but anything (except mint) will do.

Thank God for TV!

We were paying close to $100.00 a month for Direct TV. The wife and I decided that was to much for what used to be free. Yes, they have hundreds of channels, 99% of which we felt weren't worth watching! So, we bought Rocu, plugged that in to the back of the TV and get some free stuff; but, also now get Net Flicks and I bought a $35.00 Digital TV Antenna with a 150 mile range and get CBS and another station I'm not sure of. So, we went from $100.00 a month to just under $14.00 per month and have all the movies we can watch in our lifetime.

I grew up watching all the shows you mentioned, Bruette. So I would say TV is a fun part of my life and don't want to do without!

Good morning gang
45° and clear, heading for the 60s

About baseball, a trivia question....

What's the difference between a Fenway Park hotdog and a Yankee stadium hotdog?
You can get a Fenway Park hotdog next week!
Tell that to your favorite Yankee fan!! ;):D

Good morning. It's 42 and mostly clear.
We have Directv, only because AT&T offered it as part of a buy one, get one free cell phone offer. Now, it's been rolled into AT&T, all from the same website. It will be interesting the next time I have to pay my bill. Which, by the way, I was forced to call and make a payment because my account was broken.

Good morning gang
45° and clear, heading for the 60s

About baseball, a trivia question....

What's the difference between a Fenway Park hotdog and a Yankee stadium hotdog?
You can get a Fenway Park hotdog next week!
Tell that to your favorite Yankee fan!! ;):D
Ouch.
My mother was a die-hard Yankees fan. Nobody had ever say anything bad about them when she was around, they'd get an earful in short order. I remember when World Series time rolled around, it would be a question of which team would be playing against the Yankees.

Contributors to the gofundme should have gotten a brief update about what is new in our world. I'm not good at those kind of "newsie" updates, so it was pretty brief and to the point.

We were paying close to $100.00 a month for Direct TV. The wife and I decided that was to much for what used to be free. Yes, they have hundreds of channels, 99% of which we felt weren't worth watching! So, we bought Rocu, plugged that in to the back of the TV and get some free stuff; but, also now get Net Flicks and I bought a $35.00 Digital TV Antenna with a 150 mile range and get CBS and another station I'm not sure of. So, we went from $100.00 a month to just under $14.00 per month and have all the movies we can watch in our lifetime.

My cable is over $170 / month, but that includes a land line phone line and the 200MBPS Internet connection. Excluding the sports package, I'm paying too much for the TV. I tried a digital antenna, as with all the sub channels there are a load of New York channels available. However, for some reason I was unable to get anything. I use Ruku to obtain out of town (Capitals) hockey games on NHL TV.

Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back