Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

The birds are up 19-3 over the red sox in the bottom of the 8th, but I'm getting sleepy!

Have a good night Everybody!

God bless us Everyone!

PS I saw Halloween stuff in Dollar General today, won't be long for Christmas :)

I like some of Kid Rock's music, but vote for him, I don't think so.

I'll go with this guy!
alicecooper3_473_355.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qtQ52eFB0
Willie where does this fit in among all time great albums, it's one of my favorites!

PS I saw Halloween stuff in Dollar General today, won't be long for Christmas :)

Ugh! Don't even speak to me about the over-commercialized yearly draining of the wallets that the marking of the Savior's birth has become until turkey is on the oven! :mad: Them's fighting words around here!

Ugh! Don't even speak to me about the over-commercialized yearly draining of the wallets that the marking of the Savior's birth has become until turkey is on the oven! :mad: Them's fighting words around here!
I agree. Let's get through one holiday before heading into the next.
Remember, it's only 312 shopping days until July 4th...

I like some of Kid Rock's music, but vote for him, I don't think so.

I'll go with this guy!
alicecooper3_473_355.jpg

Willie where does this fit in among all time great albums, it's one of my favorites!

Saw Alice twice, the LAST show before he "retired" down in Jackson at the ice arena, I WAS front row center and thanks to my gorilla arms I got a pretty good swat at the guitar when the lead held it down and ran along the crowd teasing everyone with the guitar like they do. I hit them strings and got a WANG out of it and his eyes got BIG! LOL That was not supposed to happen! LOL

Then, when "The Nightmare Returned" I took my sis to her first concert ever to see Alice at COBO in Detroit. We smuggled in a "BIG BAMBOO" type joint and turned MANY heads when we lit that sucker UP! ahh, good times!

Howdy .... Prayers for Texans affected by Hurricane Harvey. Looks like a nasty storm. ...

Karl.... What do you want for Christmas? .... LOL

Good morning, 61° and cloudy.

Hobby Lobby, the store that plays old Protestant Hymns in the store, already has decorated Christmas Trees, with the latest decorator themes of ornaments, crowding out the Fall and Thanksgiving items are already crowded out. Can Valentines and shamrocks be far behind?

Sirius/XM doesn't work in tunnels. I dropped mine, last year, because they keep raising the price. I have four boxes of CDs collecting dust and taking up space,

We kept OnStar active in the wife's Caddie, because the wife liked the security blanket. Eventually, they were charging for services that our receiver was incapable of using, so I persuaded her that OnStar was like flushing money down the toilet. Once the introductory period is over, you can drop it. Personally, I prefer FORD's Sync which uses Bluetooth, and costs nothing monthly.

Use of internal automotive data by law enforcement is becoming more common. The Insurance Companies are lobbying for this big time. They are always looking for ways to get out of paying claims and raising your rated. In addition to Progressive, Liberty Mutual is marketing the use of a device to "reduce your rates". :rolleyes:

Speaking of insurance, It's annual renewal time, and both my Auto and Homeowners rates have climbed about 25%, in two years, without a "good" reason. In fact, in the past year, my Auto has gone up 12%, and HO 16%, while Inflation is up 1.7% and home values 4%. No claims, at fault incidents, and no fund raising "violations". I spent most of yesterday, searching for alternatives. The ones that advertise the "biggest savings" quoted rates considerably higher than what I'm paying. But...there is no inflation, which is worrying some Economists...My Agent claims they were awarded a rate increase in NJ...They're claiming they were losing money. I suppose state regulators don't read their annual shareholder reports that show how profitable they are.:rolleyes: In any event, it appears that I will be staying with my current carrier. Insurance companies are masters at manipulating data, and manufacturing statistics to work the system.

Maybe because it isn't really "music"...
I could curse to a beat.

The best ones do Gomez. Drill Sgts have that skill, some are taught and some we have all(hopefully) been blessed to see had it come naturally! At the Reception Center at Benning I was fortunate to see one put on a classic textbook demonstration of cussing for 45 minutes and that man did not repeat himself ONCE! It was beautiful...

"...yoa GOAT smellin ass!..." They sure can turn a phrase!

Beautiful.

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning All. 71° and overcast, very light rain near south of here, very heavy sustained rain about 150 miles south of here. It's not really expected to come this far north, according to the forecasters who are already partly wrong. Dried up enough yesterday morning for me to resume mowing. The western part of the estate had 9"-12" of grass and weeds to deal with. Mostly it is along a levee/water drainage channel that I had made when I moved here 36 years ago. Naturally it grows more than the rest of the yard from the water/fertilizer that drains off the part of the hayfield that's on the uphill side.
Same old stuff in the train shed yesterday. I actually ran several local switching runs instead of doing a lot of scenery. Needed a break!

Louis - There's Halloween stuff out at many stores here, even Christmas stuff at Hobby Lobby already.
Karl - I might even vote for Kid Rock as well, but he's not in my state. We have Ted Nugent!
Eric - You got me beat, I have only eleven Alice Cooper albums, some of which just aren't worth it though.
Terry - Thanks for reminding me of the number of shopping days left until July 4. I might have missed it!
Bruce - Saw Alice twice also. Once in '70 or '71 and again in the late '80's. That early show was a real "killer" (pun intended).
Garry - I'll second that prayers for my fellow Texans. So far though, it isn't quite as bad as expected, still time for more to come in the next few days. There is a lot of damage, not unexpected, and upwards of a quarter million without power. It was comforting when I was on IH35 Thursday, to see the convoys of electric company trucks heading south.

All of this technology talk about new vehicles reminds me how far behind I am. Heck, I still drive a manual transmission. Had no choice on the power windows!
Everybody have a great day and weekend.

Willie

Willie, until fairly recently, all of my vehicles had manual transmissions. The car was grudgingly replaced with one that had an automatic, when my wife had knee problems, and could no longer work the clutch. That was around 2006. The same with trucks, I finally traded my 1988 F250 on an '02 Silverado, which was automatic--but did not have power windows, locks, or even a CD player. It was memorable for having the "amenity delete" option, where there was an upcharge to have vinyl seats, floormats instead of carpet, and no cruise control or power accessories.

FYI My van came with a CD player! I seldom use because it also has an Aux. port.

My kids have satellite radio, it's great, but what happens when you go into a tunnel? It would be great to listen to every MLB game, but not all at once.
So, how much time do you spend in tunnels?

This signature is intended to irritate people.

The dominant religion gets to set the holiday customs. Nowadays that would be the Free Market Economy. [emoji3]

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boogietrain: Welcome to the funniest place on the planet!
Just about anything goes except poly tics - people get anus over that!

Have fun - just go for it!

Happy Mid-day All:
Nothing much on tap for today. Had another sleepless night - just seems to happen. Spousal Unit has Mom duty for the weekend, so me and the dogs have the house all alone to trash. If I had my RV I would have put the dogs in it and ventured out somewhere in Arizona around Flagstaff maybe?
Can't do that because the Newport Daughter and her family wanted to use it this month - then they went on a Disney cruise instead. We'll sort it all out - we have plans for the latter part of September and latter part of October as well. (Damn- Year is flying by! July 4th will be here before we know it!)
More going on -- maybe I'll get to it later on. Have a GREAT Saturday!

Louis - Billion Dollar Babies is my favorite Alice Cooper album. Filled with great songs like "Elected", "Hello Hooray", "Billion Dollar Babies", "No More Mr. Nice Guy", "Unfinished Sweet"; all great songs. I liked the band much better when Alice Cooper was the bands name before it became the individuals name. An interesting sidenote to that album, "Hello Hooray" was originally recorded and released in 1968 by folk singer Judy Collins!

Willie

Back