Running Bear's Coffee Shop LIV

I took these at the B&O museum a while back.
PC301650.jpg
PC301653.jpg
PC301654.jpg

Attachments

• PC301658.jpg
    PC301658.jpg
    759.3 KB · Views: 262
LOUIS .. LOL .. That kid reminds me of Alfred E. Newman; He keeps popping up everywhere!
BTW .. Who planted a tree in the middle of the track? LOL

Beady: I was stating I thought I remembered that you were back east somewhere but didn't remember exactly where.
OK. In some forums (fora, forae, fori, forie?) I put my long-lat in my sig or profile info. Seems to answer that question quite well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

David AKA LASM you probably missed the post when I asked about your foot so I'll ask again. How is your foot? Better I hope.

Afternoon All,

Kind of a lazy day. I cleaned the programming track after touching up the ballast. I also went on line and printed out the full CV lists for Tsunami Steam and Diesel locomotives and went through my paperwork and consolidated all the programing documentation I have. I talked to Phil today and he is doing better. Tomorrow I will pick up the T/O's at the club and I should continue that project Sunday.

Eric- I'm glad you are doing better. As the swelling goes down so should the pain.

CA Dave- Good news about your layout power.

Beady- I was curious about your coordinates a couple of days ago and looked them up on line.

Willie- Careful with the wasps.

LASM- You are correct that trees and awnings help a lot with heat.

Sherrel- I enjoy looking at others work. I liked the static scene with the horse car and loading it.

Here is the area around my base station after adding the programming track.

20160721_193030_zpsharwdtsr.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good morning fellow, 'Track Layers & Spike Drivers',
Hi Flo & Francine, How are my two favorite waitresses this morning. How about some coffee and a Apple Fritter. Thanks, Flo, I'll have to say you sure look you been fooling around again, who was it this time??

Per WW: It's 'Clear at 83.1 °F - Feels Like 82 °F;
Winds are from the SE at 1.7 mph;

Today is forecast to be nearly the same temperature as yesterday.
Today
High 98 | Low 66 °F
0% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 100 | Low 63.7 °F
Precip. 0 in

Pressure 30.08 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Clear
Heat Index 82 °F
Dew Point 51 °F
Humidity 33%
Rainfall 0.00 in
Snow Depth Not available. <Same as yesterday, 44" & it's still pilling up outside! Want to bye a Bridge??;

I happened to think of a couple of guys we haven't heard from lately. Bill Tidler, Larry/Leghome?, Grampy, Old 96 {Larry too as I recall?], Spaceik ?, and there are probably a few others too. Willis, a former Mod I keep in touch with, he's in Nova Scotia and working on another layout. Rex is Tuscaloosa, Alabama. drops in now and then as does Rico/Rick, and Bruse of late is somewhere I guess, and it still seems like there are others yet too?

I just reconnected the track connection to the Atlas Controller that wasn't making good connection and went to try out the hand throttle with the new sending unit. Well it worked but only had minimal power output so I have some other difficulties or the new Power transistor require more amperage than my transformer puts out?? So I've got to talk with my friend Harrison to see what he says?

Talk with everyone later.

Good afternoon Gents,
Wow, nothing like having a couple shots, a beer and a hard pain killer to knock yourself out!!!
That's ok. I needed the sleep for sure.
Finally got a hold of my brother. The folks won't be back in-country until the 27th.
Dam, I really kind of need to talk to Dad about these meds.

In any event the swelling is coming down and that is a VERY good thing!!!
I'm not ready for some real food just yet. I've gone this long without it so what's another week or so going to hurt.
Besides that I need to get some teriyaki marinade and let a slab of meat sit in it for a couple days.
For that matter I need to start thinking about a new grocery list with some "proper" food on it instead of just instant mash potatoes and gravy.
I sure don't want to push it and cause any complications at this point.

Thank you all for tolerating me and my ill-nature these last few months.
E

David AKA LASM you probably missed the post when I asked about your foot so I'll ask again. How is your foot? Better I hope.

Thanks for asking! I have been going to work but the thing is still swelled up and I have a bit of a limp. It is better.

Some ramblings about my train--I have 2 CNW GP-18 locomotives, both proto 2000, even different road numbers! One brand new and the other an ebay buy.

My plan was to run them together and I put them on the track last night and they run fine coupled as a unit. Not sure if that was to be expected but my stuff is DC and not sure what I am doing but it was so simple, no special program or tuning or anything.

Too much fun. I will check in Monday again, will be helping with storm damage Saturday and church Sunday.

Thanks again Louis. Have a great weekend all! toot toot

Good to see you around Dave/LASM. I didn't realize you were down and out as well.
At least we are on the mends now!!

I was up I the train room the other day and my pile of "super trees" is still there waiting on me.
I just haven't had the motivation to do much recently.
Actually I've been wondering if I shouldn't go ahead and get that extra bag of leaf stuff.
A couple months ago I saw a video/tutorial on how to doctor up cheap trees to make them look better.

E.

Dave - I also run DC and I have always found that two of the same type and manufacturer of locos always run well together. I have Athearn, P2K, and Kato's that I run. That being said, the SD40-2's from Athearn from 1989 do not run well together with the SD40-2's from Athearn that I got 25 years later in 2014. That may just be age.

Willie

Minnesota DAVE: Whatever you do -- don't mention the balls on your feet!
I have been tar and feathered .. and run out of town on a rail ... LoL

Mine still hurt, but only when I step on them! LOL
cheers ;)

update on CJ/Carey in Alabama.
He didn't answer but I got a hold of a mutual friend and says he's doing ok and been helping his daughter get moved into a new apartment.

Dave LASM .... I hope the foot continues to improve.

Louis ..... Thanks for showing your B&O Museum photos. .... Below is a souvenier from the B&O Museum. It says 170th Anniversary of the B&O, but I purchased it on sale at the gift shop during the 175th Anniversary year. That was before the heavy snow caused the roof to collapse. ... I do actually use my B&O travel bag, and so it is more than just a souvenier.

BampO%20bag%20_zps9srvuutp.jpg

Back