Running Bear's Coffee Shop LIV

Afternoon All,

Kind of a lazy day. I cleaned the programming track after touching up the ballast. I also went on line and printed out the full CV lists for Tsunami Steam and Diesel locomotives and went through my paperwork and consolidated all the programing documentation I have. I talked to Phil today and he is doing better. Tomorrow I will pick up the T/O's at the club and I should continue that project Sunday.

CA Dave- Good news about your layout power.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Say, Curt: Thanks for your support, but I guess I spoke too soon as you can see from my post. I'm really not sure what the problem is? When I find out I'll let every one know.

To really enhance your enjoyment of operation, take a look at the DT402R is our basic Simplex Radio Throttle. You'll be able to freely walk around with your trains and see what's going on. It makes a world of a difference!

...Thank you all for tolerating me and my ill-nature these last few months.
E

That is one of the things friends do. :)

Thanks for asking! I have been going to work but the thing is still swelled up and I have a bit of a limp. It is better.

Some ramblings about my train--I have 2 CNW GP-18 locomotives, both proto 2000, even different road numbers! One brand new and the other an ebay buy.

My plan was to run them together and I put them on the track last night and they run fine coupled as a unit. Not sure if that was to be expected but my stuff is DC and not sure what I am doing but it was so simple, no special program or tuning or anything.

Too much fun. I will check in Monday again, will be helping with storm damage Saturday and church Sunday.

Thanks again Louis. Have a great weekend all! toot toot

I'm glad to hear you are getting better. The problem with working/playing through the pain of a foot injury is that you delay the healing. Try to fit in a little more rest if you can.

Sounds like a cool set up David, have fun with your trains, I know you will!

Dave - I also run DC and I have always found that two of the same type and manufacturer of locos always run well together...

I'll second that :)

update on CJ/Carey in Alabama.
He didn't answer but I got a hold of a mutual friend and says he's doing ok and been helping his daughter get moved into a new apartment.

Thank you E!

...Louis ..... Thanks for showing your B&O Museum photos. .... Below is a souvenier from the B&O Museum. It says 170th Anniversary of the B&O, but I purchased it on sale at the gift shop during the 175th Anniversary year. That was before the heavy snow caused the roof to collapse. ... I do actually use my B&O travel bag, and so it is more than just a souvenier.

BampO%20bag%20_zps9srvuutp.jpg
Garry I am jealous, but I happy to see you use it!

Orioles 3 Indians nothing at the end of the second inning. Just what the doctor ordered for our young starter Dylan Bundy who is making only his 2nd start of the season. I recommend you watch this game if you can. Bundy has a live arm and he is becoming a pitcher rather then a thrower!

The tribe has the best record in the American League. This should be a fun series to watch. if you want to be the best you have to beat the best! GO O's!!!

I have to hurry and give my grandson a bath and then get my shower so I can watch this!

Good night Everybody!

Good Friday evening y'all. Hope everyone has been staying cool. The heat has been on here in WV. Y'all have a good evening.

Justin

I happened to think of a couple of guys we haven't heard from lately. ... Rex in Tuscaloosa, Alabama ...
David, interesting you should mention Rex. My family and I will all be staying with my sister-in-law near Birmingham the first week of August. I was hoping to visit with Rex like I usually do, but when I tried to send him an email, it bounced! I got a "not our customer" error from his Comcast mail server.:confused:

Eric - Glad your mouth is on the mend. Thanks for the update on Carey, I'm hoping maybe he'll be healthy enough for me to visit with him when I'm there...

Louis - great news about the O's, hope it ends with another win!

Ken .... You were saying you are modeling the area near Cleveland which is flat. I'm modeling the Burlington which is almost entirely in flat country. However, my Model Railroader's License permits rock strata to accommodate different levels on the layout. The real CB&Q had very few tunnels especially curved, double track tunnels under farm fields. ....... But I do ! .... :rolleyes:
Garry, truth be told - I'm just too dang lazy to attempt anything that exotic just yet (scenery is my Achilles heel). One of my layout's main "foobie factors" is all the curves; the prototype B&O right-of-way beyond the city limits is straighter than a ray of light! Of course that's not easy to replicate in a 24x24ft garage...

Good Friday evening y'all. Hope everyone has been staying cool. The heat has been on here in WV. Y'all have a good evening.
Justin - this is the first time I've seen you post since that flooding disaster in WV. We were all concerned about you. Hopefully you didn't suffer any serious property damage from that...

Speaking of heat - looks like I'll have to be out there in it tomorrow. I skipped mowing the back yard last week because of too many chores competing for my time, now I don't have that option. I'll drape a white tee shirt over my head under my ball cap, Arab-style, to deflect some of the sun's rays. And guzzle lots of H2O ahead of time!

MRR news: I'm continuing to do test runs of the trains I have staged for my op session. Things didn't go as smoothly tonight as they did yesterday. First, I discovered that the four locos I have consisted on my coal drag were NOT speed-matched - one of the Geeps was doing some serious wheel spinning! I was positive I got all those units matched the other day[?] Anyway I re-did the speed matching of the troublesome geep and hopefully it will stay matched this time. [Allright all you DC guys, stop laughing!:mad:]

I also discovered that one of my coal hoppers was a tad unstable - not a good thing when your hauling live loads! I swapped it out with a better-performing car, that was the easy part; after that I had to edit and re-print 5 switchlist/manifest documents that referred to that defective car#. Oh well, better now than during the op session...

'Night all!

Hey Justin, good to see you!

Ken the birds did not disappoint us! Now we are back on top of the division. There must be something to be said for home cooking. The O's have the best home record in all of baseball. It could also be that the team is tailored perfectly to play in a match box known as Oriole Park at Camden Yards Either way it sure is good to know the AL secured home field in the world series with the win in the All-Star game! Now all we have to do is make it to the series.

Good morning Everybody!

It's a steamy 81 with 71% humidity this morning before dawn under clear skies in southeast Baltimore. I feel sorry for those who don't have air-conditioning. I know first hand what that is like in the dog days of summer in hot and humid Baltimore.

Got another busy day lined up. My pitchers will really work up a sweat today! I already have the Gatorade on ice, we will be ready.

Have a great day Everybody!

Good morning from down South.
75° and 85% humidity already.
My post-op follow up appointment is at 0800 and I'm ready for it to be over with.
E.

Good Morning All. Clear skies and 75° this morning. Only got up to 99° yesterday, they're predicting 100° today. Some time last night (I was asleep), my wife returned home from a 9-day trip to the Texas Coast. It was not without problems, as she was flying on Southwest Airlines which is having a lot of problems getting back on track after a computer problem Wednesday. Original flight home was cancelled. That's why I drive.
Besides running a few trains, all I did yesterday was clean track that I ballasted last week.
Dave (LASM) - 90°, heat??? That's mild compared to some of us, me, Sherrel, Phil, Curt and others. Here's hoping that your feet return to normal sooner than later.
Louis - Your crab cakes sound great unless the crabs came from the Baltimore Inner Harbor.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/feature...urce=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link
Sherrel - Link doesn't allow me to view the photos.
Justin - Ahhh, you have returned from the land of missing. We were all concerned about you during the recent flooding.

Everyone have a great day.

Willie

My friends....
Just came back from the post-op checkup.
I have cancer.
I'm pretty freaked out about it right now.
E

Good morning .........

Justin .... Nice seeing you. I, too, was wondering if you were impacted by the WV floods.

Terry in Wisconsin .... If you are here, I want to tell you there is a guy in the MR Diner who just said he needs to make a lot of trees. Perhaps you can give him some advise. Feel free to most more of your layout photos with your beautiful trees.

Ken ... Model railroading is like that. It always seems like there is never enough of anything. Not enough space. Not enough time. Not enough money. .... Etc. ... So, we become very resourceful, and make our layouts anyhow. The challenges can be part of the fun.

Louis ... "The Birds" ... ? .... Sounds like the name for an old Alfred Hitchcock movie. ;)

99 pages already. .. You guys talk a lot !

Happy Model Railroading, everybody.

My friends....
Just came back from the post-op checkup.
I have cancer.
I'm pretty freaked out about it right now.
E

Eric ! ........ I'm sorry to hear about that ..... What can they do for you? ...... Prayers for you !

Good morning. Getting ready to do some more construction today. The grand kids are chomping at the bit to get over here.

Eric , terrible news. Let's hope it can be taken care of.

Got to get tools and materials ready to go. The crew will be here soon.

Catch you later.

Good morning fellers. I was lucky to not be heavily impacted by the flood. The area I live in was the hardest hit. I live up on a hillside. I found myself on an island as everything was flooded around me. Eric I'm sorry about your misfortune. I pray that everything works out for you.

Justin

Eric- I am so sorry for your news. I will say prayers for you. I am sure that everyone one in here supports you and will do anything that they can for you.

ERIC- Hang tough, man. Sherrel and I and a number of others on the forums have beat the bastard.
Prayers do work wonders.

Phil

Back