Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Good morning. It's 81° with 85% humidity. The high will be 95°, cloudy with a small chance of rain.
pcloudy-1.jpg
with
cond20.jpg

No plans for today. Still in a puzzle concerning the road damage yesterday. The more I look at it the more I think it was done by a very heavy truck trailer being turned there.

DSCN6214.jpg

DSCN6276.jpg

DSCN6281.jpg
Jeffery: any explanation of this would be interesting

POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png

Good Morning!

It's Tue 8/19/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TIPTON_DEPOT.png

Chance of rain later with a high of 86. I'll be going to Kokomo this morning and more yard work later at home.

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's kind of cloudy, and 70. Heading for a high of 87 today.
For those who wonder, not every deal through the forums turns into a disaster for me. I purchased a waffle=side boxcar from another forum member, and got it in the mail yesterday, exactly as described:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 291
For those who wonder, not every deal through the forums turns into a disaster for me. I purchased a waffle=side boxcar from another forum member, and got it in the mail yesterday, exactly as described:

It must be a new type of diet?

Went to the courthouse today to turn in my release from jury duty that I got from my doc this morning. The reasons he listed are just the tip of the iceberg but should prove to be sufficient. I went first to the old courthouse which has been there since 1910 then had to go across the street to the new courthouse which has been there since the late 90's. By the time I got to the second floor I was wiped out. There I turned the aforementioned document over to the judges secretary then made my retreat. I had parked behind the post office, not even a quarter mile away. Getting back there took about forty-five minutes. By then I was well and truly hurting and was more than happy to be on my way back home. Nothing else planned until Thursday when I have to go to Oakdale.

Looks like no star gazing tonight. We have big lines of thunderstorms coming in from Texas and they really got things jumping here. May get a chance tomorrow night.

Calling it a night early due to storm activity. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN6451.jpg

P1012692.jpg

DSCN6751.jpg

Good evening.
It turned into my second Monday this week. The last thing tonight was a train incident. I carefully placed a B&O EM1 on my layout, then with a muscle spasm, I ripped a handrail completely off the boiler. As I was re-attaching it with CA, the glue spilled on the smokebox. I wiped off the CA, and called it a day in the train room. I will hopefully complete my repair attempt tomorrow evening.

I didn't really want to run that train tonight anyway...

I didn't really want to run that train tonight anyway...

Terry, the way your luck has been running, that was probably a wise decision. :rolleyes:

I spent my day, painting a second coat on the walls and ceiling of the two story stairwell. This time , no ladder, just a small foam roller to get the corners, and the full sized roller to coat the walls using an extension pole where necessary. It looks much better than it did 24 hours ago.:) Tomorrow, I get to cut the lawn and trim the bushes, Thursday is shopping day, so Friday, I get to paint the trim. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll find some time for the layout over the weekend.

The main theme of the TV weather people since Sunday has been the lack of 90° + days this summer as recorded in Central Park, NYC. Seems that there have been four (4) days on which the temperature exceeded 90° this summer, vs. 12 last summer and 30 in 2010. They are treating the superlative weather of the past five days as an abnormality. :eek: I guess they have to find something to have a crisis over.

Wife processed two large Zucchini, and baked two Zucchini Breads from scratch........turned out very well. Amazing what you can do with the right tools and knowledge.

Joe

then with a muscle spasm, I ripped a handrail completely off the boiler.

You get those too, eh. I've noticed that they happen like yours, seems to be some weird nervous/muscular reaction when you relax your grip and always when you're being otherwise careful.

Don't forget the side order of (packing) peanuts that came with it! :rolleyes:

Train auction......several flats of rolling stock, semi trailers and only 1 loco....keeping some, eBaying others,, might be next week before I put them out. (Very busy week)
night all!

Back