Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

You guys are welcome to come over!

Every once in awhile we cook a ham for the heck of it. There is a meat market ten miles west of town that has the best ham I've ever had. Most people around here get their Christmas hams from there. I say nuts to only having a nice ham for Christmas and other special occasions. The leftovers are almost better than the first time around and you can't beat the price per pound. We're having garlic mashed potatoes and corn as well as the ham and fresh bread. Dang, now I'm making myself hungry!:D

Your gabbing about food, while the wife's homemade BBQ chicken smell is wafting through the house!!

No, thats not a lion you hear,,,thats my belly growling!!:D:D:D

We is having Hickory Smoked Ham and baked tators here....mmmmmmm....yum:):)

Good Afternoon...

Brilliant sunshine and nice warm temperatures...we got all the windows open so we could get fresh air in here and I finished off the gardening for the season out back.

Tonight I will be doing some testing of a couple of new-ish loco's I picked up from the LHS recently..and see if'n my handlaid track is ready for real testing through an OP session....

Well I did it again! When I was helping get my mother up off the floor earlier today I ripped my ankle open, again. It's not as bad as last time but bad enough. Looks like I'll be down for another few days.

Been watching some old movies on VHS tapes today. One was 'Atomic Train'. It's got a lot of flaws and inaccuracies and visual flubs but it's fair entertainment. One of those flaws is having a free rolling runaway train 300 miles from Denver rolling downhill toward the city. Not possible since most of the tracks run UPHILL toward the city. The train would have to be going away from the city to be rolling downhill. Another is that the trains brakes went away completely when the air system failed. I guess nobody ever told Hollywood that the brakes would lock up when the air brakes were compromised. It seemed that everyone forgot about the manual brakes as well. Did they not know how to turn a brake wheel? And I never knew Denver's skyline looked so much like Vancouver.

Well it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010853.jpg

Movies and politics have a lot in common Jeff. Never let facts get in the way of a good storyline (or spin)

Good Morning

Kinda dull out this morning..going down temperature wise as well.

Got a lot of stuff done yesterday so today I'll be doing more train running than I did all week...heeheehee:D:D:D:D

Good morning. It's 50° with 90% humidity. It's mostly cloudy with a small chance of rain. The high will be 65°.
cond20.jpg

Nothing special planned for today. My intention is to stay off my feet as much as possible. I don't need to make things any worse than they are already, so no moving around unless absolutely necessary. I have a lot more movies that need watching so I'd best get started.

IMAG0204.jpg

Today I need to level and mate the two main bench modules just built. This will be easy once I cut a couple small blocks of 1" x 3". Where they meet in the middle.....just need to raise the inner legs on both tables about a half inch or less......then with screws already set part way into the block.....attach block to both legs in front middle and rear middle. Then she be permanently level.

After those are level then the left and right extension platforms can be added.

Mike

Good Evening

Cold, raw, and windy here in Londontown...all of 38F and feeling more like...erm...22F...

My wonderful little fluffball, my furry little Spring has discovered something new to pick away at...the little keypads on the laptop...so far he has picked 2 of them off...the 'a' and the 's'...both are discombobulated now....yay...

Anyways ...off to check the rest of the forums out...

Have a good evening!!!

Good morning. It's 41° with 74% humidity and a northwest breeze of 5 to 10 mph making it feel even colder. It'll be sunny with a high of 62°.
condsunny-1.jpg

No plans for today. I'll probably watch more movies in between doing whatever is required of me online.

P1010829.jpg

Good afternoon all,
Hello Flo and Francine, how are you ladies today? Have you still got some of the special left? That Pot Roast sure sounds good and some Hot Coffee. Bill's picture sure make me smell the aroma as it rises from the cup.

And how are the rest of you guys doing? It seems like Jeffrey has been having a problem with his ankle/s again which I'm sure is no fun so I'm glad to hear he's staying off his feet.

Not too much going on here but I did work on a little Life Like Dockside loco I was going to give to a lady friend as she seemed interested in starting a small HO layout but for some odd reason I couldn't get the darn thing to run right and I didn't do anything to change things from before when it was running just fine?? Well things just sometimes just happen at odd times!

Time for a nap, take care and have fun.

Back