Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

Off to work, freshly brewed mug of tea in hand.

Whilst at work, will be thinking about what to do about a spares/repair Athearn Blue Box SW9 I was working on that has gone wrong as the blue rattle can has gone pitted and mottled.
View attachment 186939
View attachment 186940

Do I strip the paint off and start again or should I attempt to heavily weather it, lots of dirt and patched out markings etc?
I would just weather it

I'm still here!
Had a call (video) from the oncology Doctor yesterday. She said that the PetScan showed that things look much better!
We are aways form completing the Chemo (I fell again and banged up my arm causing open wounds).
So, now we have to wait on the additional Chemo for those to heal ... I told KATE to lock me in a closet so I do not hurt myself again.
According to the Doctor, the tumor HAS NOT become larger and may be a few MM smaller - that we are not out of the woods yet, but maybe some daylight? Whether true or not, It cheered me up!

Weather-wise, we are still more or less stuck in the 50 to 75 range with one day hitting the 81 spot!
Any good news is great news. Continue the battle, cheering for u

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with chores and errands during which I picked up a new pair of sneakers. Tomorrow I'm heading down to my buddy Tom's then he's taking a break from the layout for a month.

Patrick- Pres. Carter did give the military a very large pay raise. Speaking of age, Richard Nixon's facsimile signature is on my Eagle Scout card.

Bill- Nice photo.

Troy/Todd- I wish you guys the best in regard to Tinnitus.

Guy- Great photos. Nothing wrong with your modeling. Is that an actual gas chain or made up?

Willie- Great looking sign/clock.

James- Nice videos.

Sherrel- Congrats on the good news. You have to take your wins where you can.

John- Good luck with the painting.

Mike- That is service.

Hughie- Nice layout shot.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon all,

Had a ton of stuff to get done and finally have the closet completed along with having the blinds and curtains hung in the bedroom. Nice to finally have that project completed

Got the mowing done before the rains hit again later. Couldn't wait for the gradndkids to get out of school. Looking at the garden and such, Looks like I'll have more peaches than I originally thought. They are finally big enough to see. Funny how they're all on the south side of the tree that is closest to the house. Must have been warmer there during the late freeze ☺️. I have 2 tomato plants blooming already, and have both corn and beets starting to show through the soil. Nothing on the parsnips yet. Having problems with cucumber seedling getting broken off by the wind. I think I finally have 3 hills with 1 plant each going to survive.

Another day, only 3 techs, bored out of my tree, can ya tell??
IMG_7011.jpeg

Guy- Great photos. Nothing wrong with your modeling. Is that an actual gas chain or made up?
Thanks, Curt.
B/A is real. They're not around anymore, at least not in Canada. I remember the stations from childhood.
Here's a photo of the station located in my town, in the early 60's, I think:
BA Station_Whitecourt 60s.jpg

That station was located exactly across the street from where I take the prototype railway photos today. The building is long gone.

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those with Tinnitus! Sorry: THOSE WITH TINNITUS!
Yep got it, been living with it for years. A steady tone that I'm used to and deal with. Doesn't bother me with sleeping. I have had on different occasions where it has stopped. It felt like something moved in my inner ears but started right up again. A few seconds of quite. Why this has eluded Doctors for so long is beyond me.

Sitting here without power since 5:15 pm. Seems a transformer blew up down the street and our block is affected on only one side of the street. Of course it’s ours. Estimate on repair is 10:35 pm. 2 different crews have been out to look it, but have said another crew is needed.

Thank goodness for cell phones or this would get boring pretty quickly.

Well, howdy there internet peeps

May the Forth be with you!

Morty-won Tuboni.jpg

Its also FREE comic book day at your local comic book store. I can't say anything on the FREE table ever appealed to me, but ...

Tinnitus update: Through judicious use of the white noise app yesterday, I turned the tinnitus down to about a 7 throughout the day, and, maybe to 6 for bedtime. It was back at a 7 when I woke.

Applying the white noise this morning via my freshly re-freshed KS-10 from costco. These are the old ones. I'll be wearing these today to see how long the batteries last (rechargeable), using the white noise.

Jury is still out on keeping the Jabras I got about 2 weeks ago. Some things are good, some are not. I'm not a fan of the app. The problem with them is that I don't know what I don't know about them. After yesterday's visit, I've now got a music preset that the tech set up. Why didn't he set that one up the first time through. I told him I do a lot of walking and listening to music and podcasts.

2nd visit (as of yesterday) he made a music program app better than what I did by setting up and saving my favorites. It's much better.

Not sure what's on tap for today. Had pizza at the mom&pop place we like. Still a great value. $20 for a large 5 topping and two sodas.
We've got leftovers for at least one meal.

Raimodos.jpg

Back