"put layout name here" my restart in H0 Scale

howdi

at the moment iam thinking about upping the baseplate of the whole shelf. that means, at the moment the tracks are 4cm (sry iam European) above ground lvl. thats as high as a XPS Foam bord. iam thinking about of doubling the height. why? I want to build a river front where the train is running next to the river like in a small canyon, so i think 4cm is not enough that it looks like a proper river run. and atm i did not have fixed down anything so if not not then never.

but i will have to wait till my talles building arrives, otherwise i have not enought room that it looks good overall. damn those are problems haha.
what do you think? will 4cm still work to create a nice look, or should i double that it looks even better with a "step" rundown from the tracks to the river/water?

cheers
jay

yesterday i got my loading dock from walthers so i had to check out how big it really is. then i was thinking about the following "problem".
If i put the track on a roadbed, the cars are to high for the loading dock, that means i have to also lift all the buildings near the track -.-

IMG_7426.JPG IMG_7429.JPG

Well i guess i will have to..
i also started to get another try on all the turnouts and starting to laying the "final" curve with flextrack. i have to say, flextrack is nice, but its a whole lot of work to get it right and that it fits everything. well i think you just need time and patience..

IMG_7428.JPG

i also had a visit from the weight instructor. she was not impressed about the work. the spiders where more interesting i guess :D

IMG_7425.JPG

cheers and cya next time!

jay

A lot of times (and you can see that on some stations) the sidings are set lower than the corresponding main tracks. You can put main tracks on the cork and sidings directly on the wood. The siding would be sort off running down from the switch.

A lot of times (and you can see that on some stations) the sidings are set lower than the corresponding main tracks. You can put main tracks on the cork and sidings directly on the wood. The siding would be sort off running down from the switch.
oh thats a clever idea! will definitly try this! thank you!

Cheers
jay

hey all

on this long weekend i found some time to work on stuff on my layout. On saturday i got a mailcall! Other Valley Railroad sent me my ordered GP9RM + Slug! Damn this Loco looks nice, and the details are just great. i did color the chains on the loco and slug, because of some nice shots that MikeH0 sent me.

IMG_7481.jpg IMG_7495.JPG

On sunday i also started with the build of my first Walthers H0 Kit. The Loading Dock.

IMG_7496.JPG

The loading dock will find its place in Section D. Section D also got its update. The tracks are all laid down and the wires went trought to the downside of the layout. now i have to solder all the cables and the frogs of the turnouts. i also have to add all the motors to the (4) turnouts. then put everything on the bus wire and ffire it up and do some testruns, before fixing all the tracks to the baseboard and start ballasting.

great times ahead!

cheers
jay

Howdi folks

Yesterday i did some structure work for my loading dock.

IMG_7516.JPG
She was watching me the whole time :D

the goal was, to get e yellow building, but not perfectly colored. i think it turned out nice.

IMG_7524.JPG IMG_7525.JPG

still learning the airbrush technics but iam getting there. I used Vallejo Colors and thined it a bit.
Now the weathering part will start for the building, and the Plattform.

I also got my foamcutter in the mail yesterday, so now everything is here to build the landscape. also another tortoise switch motor was delivered, now i have all 4 for sectionD! Next up, wireing up everything, put the bus wire in place and start doing some testruns!

cheers
jay

Howdi folks

Yesterday i did some structure work for my loading dock.

View attachment 187543
She was watching me the whole time :D
Consider yourself fortunate, mine has developed some kind of jelaousy over trains. When i sid down to build, she is all over my chair many times. When i'm in the train room running trains, she comes over and meows, walks around untill i pick her up...

Back