Selector
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings Model Railroad Photo Gallery About

• Selector
      Silicone isn't really an oil-based product, although it might be delivered in an oil product. These aren't Bakelite, I take it, but...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Voltage issue.
      Except that the equal and opposite voltages are not concurrent. They alternate, as per the diagram. If they didn't alternate, then the...
    • Selector
      From the NMRA chapter on DCC: A: Technique for Encoding Bits 10 The NMRA baseline digital command control signal consists of a stream...
    • Selector
      In my opinion, a $10 digital meter is all you need. You're not looking for voltage spikes so much as amperage draw. It's the voltage's...
    • Selector
      I have the same item, same information on the face plate. 15V AC output. Mine is for the Super Empire Builder. Or, as I like to call...
    • Selector
      I suspect that people who act that way are seeking affirmation for their choices. In that sense, they are somewhat insecure in the...
    • Selector
      You only need to cut one of the wires and insert a toggle in series. If the toggle is in the off position, there is no continuity, and...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Curve Turnout Radius.
      I googled the question and one of the hits was from a well-known retailer, Tony's Trains. Note that I, personally, would NOT call these...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Which Digitrax System.
      Agreed, the Zephyr, but keep an eye on future needs. Pretty much every one of us can force ourselves to go slow, to not go big too...
    • Selector
      Agreed. Anything you craft that is not purchased ready-built for that purpose, and that serves a recognizable function on a scale...
    • Selector
      This, unfortunately, is an instance where you MUST mock it up and do trials. Trains trailing behave differently from trains shoving...
    • Selector
      Wow, look at all them handlaid turnouts!! :p I use the same system and have used several of them on consecutive layouts. They are...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Layout Design Help!?!.
      I prefer around-the-room because I'm always looking at scenery behind the tracks. I paint a backdrop, then build the benchwork to suit...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Under the lake.
      Any plaster will work, even wall patching compound if you have some lying around and you'd love to put it to use. Just make darned...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Layout Design Help!?!.
      It depends on your girth, or butt size if that helps. Most older male adults would be happy with about 28", give or take a coupla...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Back