P
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• P
      philnymark reacted to Selector's post in the thread Voltage issue with Like Like.
      Except that the equal and opposite voltages are not concurrent. They alternate, as per the diagram. If they didn't alternate, then the...
    • P
      philnymark reacted to ctclibby's post in the thread Voltage issue with Like Like.
      Smudge: Maybe you are trying to make more out of it than it is? Just think of it as a signal with encodings that go to all DCC devices...
    • P
      philnymark reacted to Smudge617's post in the thread Voltage issue with Like Like.
      For us more electrically challenged shall we say, although describing DCC as an AC signal is not correct, it is an excellent explanation...
    • P
      philnymark reacted to ctclibby's post in the thread Voltage issue with Like Like.
      Crandell ( and others ). DCC is not AC or Alternating Current or a form of Alternating Current. Please see the wiki: DCC Wiki Without...
    • P
      philnymark replied to the thread Voltage issue.
      This is great information. I'm going to be working on my track over the next couple of days and now have a better idea of what to work...
    • P
      philnymark reacted to Selector's post in the thread Voltage issue with Like Like.
      In my opinion, a $10 digital meter is all you need. You're not looking for voltage spikes so much as amperage draw. It's the voltage's...
    • P
      Thanks for this advice. Model RRing has helped me increase my electrical knowledge and tools like this can only help that much more...
    • P
      Just my $0.02 worth. Forget about the stand alone DCC current/voltage reader. Get an oscilloscope or DSO as they are more ...um...
    • P
      Thank you for this advice. I think getting a good DCC voltage and current reader is something I need to do in addition to making sure my...
    • P
      philnymark reacted to Iron Horseman's post in the thread Voltage issue with Like Like.
      The Powercab is one system I do not own, but I understand it does not have a voltage control. It is supposed to be 13.5V. I do not...
    • P
      Hi Smudge617, Thanks for this advice. I am thinking that I need to get under the layout, re-do the electrical and go over each engine as...
    • P
      philnymark reacted to Smudge617's post in the thread Voltage issue with Like Like.
      Sound like some of your loco's need a good clean and service if they haven't been run for a few years, also all your track and track...
    • P
      philnymark reacted to NTrains's post in the thread N Scale Kato Turnout Conundrum with Like Like.
      I am having the same conundrum. I was doing some advanced planning and ordered 4 DS64’s about 2years ago, thinking that would be...
    • P
      philnymark reacted to freescopesdad's post in the thread N Scale Kato Turnout Conundrum with Like Like.
      The good news is that the DS74s do work, but I found an alternative that is slightly cheaper, a lot easier to program, and has been rock...
    • P
      I have recently revived my N scale track after a few years of non use. Most of my engines are Kato and I also have two Atlas SD units...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Back