ZAP glue? good? bad?

Dsquared_sleeperMSP

1:87 truck GuRu
I've been seeing this ZAP glue a lot lately. I didn't know if anyone had experience using it and if they would recommend it? I've been using the cheap Loctite gel stuff. I tend to be messy, and the Loctite stuff seems to leave some stains and quite a mess.

i was using some loc tite stuff in a nice squeeze bottle with rubber sides. only thing I hated was the white residue left after it dried.

I use the Loctite in the bottle with a brush. I find it easy to apply, holds stong, adn makes it simple to apply a small amount to the right place. My experience is that any super glue wiill leave a residue behind if you apply too much. I've used ZAP gap filling CA and it works well for the intended purpose. The other types of ZAP don't seem to any better or worse than the much cheaper Loctite.

I have a bottle of Zap-a-gap that works good. I stick to using BSI Adhesives though, as the LHS carries them.

I've been using Zap and Zap a Gap for years. WHats really cool is when you use it with a "kicker" spray. Sets in about 2 seconds with it!:cool:

I use the Loctite in the bottle with a brush. I find it easy to apply, holds stong, adn makes it simple to apply a small amount to the right place. My experience is that any super glue wiill leave a residue behind if you apply too much. I've used ZAP gap filling CA and it works well for the intended purpose. The other types of ZAP don't seem to any better or worse than the much cheaper Loctite.

going to see if i can find that at home depot. not one hobby store around here sells anything loctite.

Walmart carries it in the paint department. I think it's about $3 a bottle and lasts a long time since you apply so little. The screw on top also helps to keep it from drying out.

I have been useing ZAP glue and the ZIP kicker for about 10 years. I like the gap filling style it is a little thicker and does not run as bad.
I have a 12 x 12 piece of glass that but a pool of the glue on to then use a dull hobby blade to transfer the glue to where I need. Hold the pieces together and hit it with the ZIP it bonds instancely.
You will waste some with this method but I would rather waste some than get glue where I dont want or need it. When the glue hardens I scrape it from the glass and start over with a clean surface to work off.

One thing I keep real close is ACETONE so if I glue my fingers together. Was not fun going to the hardware store with glued fingers to yet acetone the frist time.

Walmart carries it in the paint department. I think it's about $3 a bottle and lasts a long time since you apply so little. The screw on top also helps to keep it from drying out.

+1 in the hard-ware/paint dept.

I do like the idea of how (with the zap-a-gap) you can set the pieces exactly how yoiu want them then just fill in the gaps.

Back