Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey 4,,,,, 4 SEVEN watt bulbs ,,, What in the name of **** does he think he will save by doing that, if anyone goes to the toilet and stays an extra five min's thats going to use more power than he saves LOL, oh well if he's happy doing that.

28f outside now, more logs on the fire :)

Layout building time:

1st job get rid of the rising damp in the brickwork in the garage - look's easy enough as the soil outside was above the dampcoarse of the wall in question so now thats dug out it should go away.

2nd job get the timber to make the 8'8" x 7' layout support structure which will be screwed to the walls

Secondly,,, test Bob's new fangle youtube thingy.

This is my local garage last week which is 2/3 of a mile from my house, the fire at this point had only been burning for approx 5 mins, my work colleagues saved the houses which were only 6ft away but the garage was a total loss, went to 8 appliances and an aeriel ladder platform

[YOUTUBE]Ca7OdEB4UH4[/YOUTUBE]

It works :)

Saving money by cutting 28 watts of power? Must be one of the last of the big spenders. Just one of my CF bulbs pulls less than that.:D

Good Morning Everyone,
It's a beautiful Sunny morning here with a temp of 50*, nothing really new to report.

Steve
I bet it also had to scorch the paint on the back of the cars Too!:eek:

OOOCCH!! That looks like a hot time!!
icon_eek.gif

Sorry guys, I think I exaggerated. The bulbs were CFs that pull fifteen watts a piece.:eek: Now, just think how much more electricity he's saving.:rolleyes: I turned off the store radio, his office radio, store computer, register, both adding machines and one of the chandeliers.:D He didn't even comment when he walked back into the store from lunch. He has to know he's being a complete idiot.

All right, enough of my female dogging.

I'm waiting for my wife to get home, then we're going out for wings. Some hot wings and maybe a beer will do me some good!:D

Have a good night.

Hi All! Sounds like some of you are getting some pretty cool weather :eek:

We had a front come through Denver Wed afternoon. It caused a 20 degree drop in temp within 30 minutes. I got out of the city and headed home just as it hit. The wind was just about blowing me off the highway! I'd been home for a couple of hours when I decided to get the mail, start my backup car to make sure it WOULD start. Scraped the windows on my other car and like a moron...didn't put on my mittens. My fingers flippin' froze! I had to run hot water over them when I came back in. Duh...

Chris...I've been meaning to tell you about one of my jobs. It is PT and is a breeze. I work for Home Instead Senior Care which simply allows seniors to stay at home with some help instead of moving into assisted living or a nursing home. I work several nights a month (some work more...some less).
There is NO medical care involved, although CPR and First Aid are required. I usually just sit and visit with a client or am just a presence in the home for respite care while the family takes a break. I know there are males who work out of my office...so it might be something to check into. The most difficult thing I usually do is fix a meal. I mostly sit and visit or watch tv or take my laptop and get some work done on it. Just thought it might be something that would put a few $s in your pocket :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Any word from Jim? Sure do miss him here.

Sandy

Karl The welder managed to set a car on fire while on the ramp at the lowest part of the building, the building is made from pitch pine with brick walls on the outside and a little bit of tin on the roof, most of the roof was also pitch pine covered in asphalt and dated back to 1930 something, worst of all is the key cabinet for the cars outside was right next to the one on fire so they could not even move any. Within about 45 seconds of the fire starting the whole room had flames rolling over the ceiling. every car next to the building was a write off btw

Say Barry,
What is an ICD?

Now as far as your question about what kind of camera to buy;
1. What price range do you want to stay within?
2. Do you want a camera with interchangeable lens for more capabilities,
or do you want a smaller point and shoot camera to carry with you?

I've even seen a very small pocket camera, Sony I think?, that even has interchangeable lenses too, but it gets more costly also.

There's lots of improvements in cameras lately and there seems to be no end to what can be done.

Stay in touch.

ICD= Implanted Cardioversion Device.

It is a combined Pacemaker/Defibrillator that helps my heart from going all guibbly, I have what is called VT (Ventricular Tachcardia)...the left ventricle goes into hyperspeed and then all the chambers go out of sync. The device basically slows the ventricle down and then resets my hearts natural rhythm.

As for the camera...I'm looking at about $500-800 range...I actually have a few small sheckles available...so it could be just about anything...

As for the camera...I'm looking at about $500-800 range...I actually have a few small sheckles available...so it could be just about anything...
Barry, I don't remember if you're looking at digital or film camera, but I have learned with these things, simpler is better. I have a Polaroid I533 digital that takes good sharp pictures, will hold several hundred of them with the SD card installed, and is pretty efficient with batteries. One of my co-workers bought an "all bells and whistles" camera about the same time as I bought mine. She's a semi-professional photographer, and thought she needed all the extras. Several of us went out taking photos, I was busy snapping pictures right and left, and she was busy trying to figure out what setting should be used for which picture. At the end of the day, I had about 50 nice, clear photos, and she had...3... :cool:
MHO, YMMV...

No expensive camera for me. I like simplicity. I use a Nikon L20 (10 megapixel) and an Olympus D550Zoom (it's a 3 megapixel dinosaur).I use the Olympus mostly at home as I can get really good close-up shots with it. It's only downfall (for me) is that it uses the old SM cards which are becoming rare and cost anywhere from $30 to $70 on average. It does have a long battery life though. The Nikon L20 is the camera I use for most of my outdoor shooting. It has a much better zoom than the old Olympus but it has a healthy appetite for batteries. I make sure sure to take a couple of pairs of charged batteries along. It's good as a point and shoot and also does well in low light conditions. I've used it for everything from close-ups to distant landscape shots and have been very pleased with it. The cost on it was slightly over $120.

Good morning. It's 25 and sunny with no wind chill. The high will be 56 and it will be mostly sunny. Not quite so cold tonight.

Nothing special going on today. I have to go outside briefly this morning to check on a Bachmann FT shell that's been soaking in 91% alcohol for about 18 hours. Most of the paint was off it by 8 pm yesterday but there were some stubborn areas. One of which was the nose halfway between the pilot and the headlight. I'm hoping the paint there is now gone. I also have to shave a little off the bottom of the pilot. For some reason Bachmann made it a little too low on the FT and it has a tendency to scrape the rails in some places.

Hi All! Sounds like some of you are getting some pretty cool weather :eek:

We had a front come through Denver Wed afternoon. It caused a 20 degree drop in temp within 30 minutes. I got out of the city and headed home just as it hit. The wind was just about blowing me off the highway! I'd been home for a couple of hours when I decided to get the mail, start my backup car to make sure it WOULD start. Scraped the windows on my other car and like a moron...didn't put on my mittens. My fingers flippin' froze! I had to run hot water over them when I came back in. Duh...

Chris...I've been meaning to tell you about one of my jobs. It is PT and is a breeze. I work for Home Instead Senior Care which simply allows seniors to stay at home with some help instead of moving into assisted living or a nursing home. I work several nights a month (some work more...some less).
There is NO medical care involved, although CPR and First Aid are required. I usually just sit and visit with a client or am just a presence in the home for respite care while the family takes a break. I know there are males who work out of my office...so it might be something to check into. The most difficult thing I usually do is fix a meal. I mostly sit and visit or watch tv or take my laptop and get some work done on it. Just thought it might be something that would put a few $s in your pocket :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Any word from Jim? Sure do miss him here.

Sandy

I thought about that, I'am Basic CPR/Defib trained also Basic First aid! But Babysitting would get on my nerves! I'm looking for a job that would have side bennies to it! Like working for Starbucks=Free Coffee, Boston Market=50% on food, or Lowes/Homedepot= $.$$% off on layout building materials! like that....I figure if i'm going to do a low pay job, make sure that the company perks are worth the loss of money!

I have a Canon Powershot that seems reasonable for sharp images...sort of like this...

I've got a Canon Powershot A720IS, Plus an old Olympus D550Zoom like Jeffreys. 90% of the pics posted here and on my webpage are from the Canon. The Olympus is my railfanning camera. (who cares if I drop it in the ballast) Both do great pics, but like most digitals, a little weak for closeup work.

My wish? How about a digital conversion kit for my Canon AE1? That would be the cats meow!! Takes phenomenal pics, especially close up, but its 35mm!!
Ewwwww,,,film!!:eek:

I've got a Canon Powershot A720IS, Plus an old Olympus D550Zoom like Jeffreys. 90% of the pics posted here and on my webpage are from the Canon. The Olympus is my railfanning camera. (who cares if I drop it in the ballast) Both do great pics, but like most digitals, a little weak for closeup work.

My wish? How about a digital conversion kit for my Canon AE1? That would be the cats meow!! Takes phenomenal pics, especially close up, but its 35mm!!
Ewwwww,,,film!!:eek:

A conversion kit would be great!! Then I'd just drag out my Pentax K1000 and have at it...

icon_wheeeeeee.gif

My weakness right now is my close up work...as you can see, Springs close up works wonderfully...but when I try my modelling photos...I get the attack of the fuzzies.

icon_tantrum.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back