XTrakCAD Question About Layout Size?

kz9

Is it just me or is the size of the layout you can draw is limited. I want to do my new room but it seems to big?

30'x20'

Have you changed your layouts room height/width in the drop down options menu... layout...

I have a 100' x 100' room setup just for random ideas. It's like having a giant piece of scratch paper.

I did the conversion in inches. I did it both ways.

As for the version I will check on that.

I am using 4.0.3a. In the Options menu you will find Preferences and Layout.

Preferences lets you choose "English" or "Metric".

Layout lets you specify the room dimensions in inches or centimeters based on your selection in Preferences.

The program offers TONS of customization. I strongly suggest hunting around and tuning it to your liking. Just make sure you know what you're changing before you make the change. I've changed some thing I *though* I knew the effect of and was wrong and later when I realized the issue I couldn't find where the setting was. Ha!

I am using 4.0.3a. In the Options menu you will find Preferences and Layout.

Preferences lets you choose "English" or "Metric".

Layout lets you specify the room dimensions in inches or centimeters based on your selection in Preferences.

Well, you chose in preferences what measures you want to display distances in.

But no matter what you specify for display, you can enter distances in both metric and imperial measures when e.g. setting room size - you just have to specify the unit of measurement too.

Example: I set Options | preferences to use Units: English, Length format 999.9.

Now things I draw will be shown in inches, decimal form - e.g 6.5 for 6 1/2". I could instead have picked e.g. display format 999' 11 7/8", but I prefer to work with inches in decimal form, since I am used to using numbers in decimal form rather than fractions.

Entering a size, e.g. for layout size (really drawing size) in Options | layout, I can enter just the number 120 for room width, and have that interpreted as 120".

But I can also enter room width 10' 6", room width is set to 10' 6" (and the Options | Layout dialog will automatically show 126" next time I look). Or I can enter 1020mm, or 350cm, or 4.2m.

If I don't add ' or " or cm or mm or m, then whatever number I enter is interpreted as either inches or centimeters, depending on whether I set units to English or Metric.

Smile,
Stein

Last edited by a moderator:

Back