WS Barbed wire

boatwrench

Has anyone here used the HO Scale Woodland Scenics Barbed wire and could provide a review for me? I have a roughly 10' x 10" area I am thinking of making a pasture along the right of way. Thank you.

Has anyone here used the HO Scale Woodland Scenics Barbed wire and could provide a review for me? I have a roughly 10' x 10" area I am thinking of making a pasture along the right of way. Thank you.
I remember Willie bought this product a few years back, not sure how he liked it, maybe he will read this and chime in.

Dave LASM

I have used it quite a bit since it was introduced. The posts themselves are a bit oversized, but acceptable. It's a lot easier to install than the scratchbuilt fencing that I did for years. Here's a picture that was taken before I added the "sag" to all of the sections. It retains the sag once it's done.
Adding the sag is done simply by running a toothpick, skewer or similar object along the wire and pressing down. I would prefer it if there were "T-posts" instead of wooden posts, but that would be a lot harder to produce. Even my scratchbuilt posts were all wood, made with toothpick pieces.
IMG_3304.JPG

I have used it quite a bit since it was introduced. The posts themselves are a bit oversized, but acceptable. It's a lot easier to install than the scratchbuilt fencing that I did for years. Here's a picture that was taken before I added the "sag" to all of the sections. It retains the sag once it's done.
Adding the sag is done simply by running a toothpick, skewer or similar object along the wire and pressing down. I would prefer it if there were "T-posts" instead of wooden posts, but that would be a lot harder to produce. Even my scratchbuilt posts were all wood, made with toothpick pieces.

Thank you Willie for the prompt response. One more question. The description states the product is 5 x 5 x .93 inches, in your photo response how many kits did you use for that scene?

I believe that I erred with my picture, upon closer look, that appears to be my homemade fencing. Apologies for that.
The wire itself is barely visible in this picture that I know is the Woodland Scenics product.
IMG_0049.JPG

Thank you Willie for the prompt response. One more question. The description states the product is 5 x 5 x .93 inches, in your photo response how many kits did you use for that scene?
Where did you get that product description? Here's what the package states.
IMG_0041.JPG

This is the same as the description on the Woodland Scenics web page.

Willie, the measurements were in the product description on Amazon. I called the (almost) LHS and they are ordering me two packages. Nice thing about that hobby shop, it's local, there is a good burger at the roadhouse around the corner and the Napa Valley Wine Train mainline is about 100 feet away.

I appreciate the help.

I know that you have already ordered some; I found a loose piece on the workbench and here's a better picture.
IMG_0056.JPG

The posts are a scale 12' apart which is roughly the same spacing as the fence around the pasture across the road.

Back