WPF 4/14 to 4/21

LogandSawMan ... I like your RDA building. I have a few of their kits on the layout. I have used parts of their kits to kitbash buildings, too.

Paul .... Your BN GP39E 2768 looks great. Nice scenery too

Bridgliner .... Your Lake Champlain scene is very impressive.

Below is and SD7 with steam generator hauling a local passenger train.

SD7303withpass_zpsee68d934.jpg

Gary, those telephone poles really bring back some memories. They used to be everywhere. Excellent scene.

The Steam and the Machine shop superb, as well.

lasm

I like the machine shop and have a smaller one in the works myself. Is the machine placement yours or suggested in the directions? Iron worker, lathe and band saw, correct?

Alan

They are supposed to represent a milling machine/ drill press, lathe and small drill press. I do have a bandsaw and miter saw on the other side of the shop. I just messed around with placement until it looked "right" I also found a few photos online of machine shops and followed the way they had things set up. My thought is that Ludgren has a lot of different equipment for construction and logging, things break from time to time so the shop will fabricate or modify parts to get things back up and running. I chose to model the tools to build or modify smaller components found on heavy equipment. I figure that if it is a large part they would work on it closer to the piece of equipment in the shop and bring the smaller parts to the machine shop as needed. Not sure if that is how it works in real life, but it sounds good in my head =)

I think I may have finished adding details. I still need to add some weathering and better figures, but I think i can move on to the next phase of the project.

Lud+Equip+29.jpg

Im enjoying everyones work this week. I finally assembled 15 of the flat cars for my Ringling Bros Circus train this week and am happy with the results. I still have some more work to do before I can consider them finished. They all started life as Walthers kits from the early 90's and were repainted and decaled. Happy Easter!

Warren Flat Car
attachment.php

Mt Vernon Flat Car
attachment.php

Great job by everyone this week. I can't wait to have an opportunity to post some pictures here, hopefully it won't be all that much longer.

5y8a9e2y.jpg

Finally got around to laying some plaster cloth today. The area on both sides of the train will be corn fields.

Back