Working on my layout

Davidfd85

Well been working on the layout little by little. Hard to get allot done on just weekends.
Roadbed is all done, wiring for the DCC is done and working, wiring for all the turnouts is done and working, control panel is built and working.
Spent last 2 weekends making my hills on one end and a tunnel on the other. Just finished it up this afternoon. Painted it a base color dirt brown. Next will start on getting the rocks and tops looking better.
I made the control panel out of piece of aluminum and left over pinstripe tape I had out in the garage from building my street rod.

I have been doing some work on the layout. I got the hills and mountain/tunnel the way I like them. Also started working on buildings for the town area. And this weekend started working on some ballasting (first time) and started putting on the scenery. I don't have any trees to put in it yet but basically got the beginning started. I figured I would start in one corner and work my way around the table. I have been running into some problems but I'll put them in another thread.

I love long weekends. Gives me a chance to get some work done. I've been working on all my buildings. Got what I have on hand all done ready to layout for the roads but I have to wait, girlfriend has 2 more buildings for me on the way for for christmas. She has a firehouse and merchants row II for me and is really going to make me wait
biggrin.gif
. But I did get the end going through the hills and sand pit area finished up today. Still have some detail work to do on it but here it is so far.

What a fantastic scene. :) The little quarry there reminds me of the larger quarry I had on my layout when I was a kid, it's similar right down to the loader (although ours was actually an industrial forklift with the forks replaced with a bucket, but don't tell anyone ;)).

Got any pictures of the tunnel scene? One showing a train about to come out with headlights blazing would make my day. :D

Ok got most of major things done on the layout now. I have to start on the detail things now, some weathering, vehicles, people and some more trees/bushes but this is where I'm at now and already thing about an addition off to the side too.

Looks good! I do not have a home layout, but I am getting started on working on the club layout. Adding a few things here and there.:)

Just about done now only have a some details left now. Signs, crossing gates, few more trees, cars and people.
Already in the planning stages for the addition of another loop with a bigger yard and some more factories.

Back