Work Continues…

AirbrushNo5

In November of 2021 I started building this double track oval 8’ x 52” simple DC layout… It’s not done yet…still doing groundwork and stuff…but it’s been up and running since early 2022..

IMG_6370.png

IMG_6348.png

Thanks and yes that’s the OVR gondola… I got one after I saw an AIMX gon roll by in some mixed freight while eating some Italian takeout in the car…it was an omen

Last edited:
Thanks and yes that’s the OVR gondola… I got one after I saw an AIMX gon roll by in some mixed freight while eating some Italian takeout in the car…it was an omen
This is the first time I have seen them up close. They look great, I have a few of Athearn's on pre-order. Hopefully they did as good of job as Otter Valley.

Thanks..

The sky I painted on a thin wood sheet I got from Home Depot…originally started with an airbrush…then got fed up with slow progress and switched to cheap 1 and 2 inch brushes….did it in about an hour

The rock feature is layered styrofoam carved with a hot knife and covered with filler…brush painted with 4 colours of craft paints squeezed out of the bottles at random..

I wanted to have a forced perspective effect for photography between the rail cars in the foreground and the rock and sky… the distance between the gondola ( or the intermodal car in this case ) and rock/sky is 2 to 3 feet, but it looks farther away in the pictures

IMG_6393.png

Last edited:

Back