Why did this sell so high?

Where are these guys when I list something on Ebay?!!

Not sure... I'm guessing they were busy bidding on some Athearn BNSF hoppers, at least when I won that DPM Cafe building of yours. Beautiful work, btw. It'll have a good home on my layout! :)

:DI paid $5.00 for one of those at a Train Show last year in the box. LOL

Not like that one you didn't. Look close. it's one of the new ones with wire grabs and etched metal roofwalks and such. Fill underbody detail. $43.98 list. Same detail grade as Kadee cars, or pretty darn close. Sold out at Athearn

Last edited by a moderator:
The scary part of it is that it started as a 99 cent item and jumped to that price. It's a nice looking car, but I've bought three powered locomotives with shipping for less than that. Some people get competitive, I guess.

Too rich for my blood...I'll take an Intermountain one and paint it myself.

Not sure... I'm guessing they were busy bidding on some Athearn BNSF hoppers, at least when I won that DPM Cafe building of yours. Beautiful work, btw. It'll have a good home on my layout!

That's good to know that it's appriciated.

Not like that one you didn't. Look close. it's one of the new ones with wire grabs and etched metal roofwalks and such. Fill underbody detail. $43.98 list. Same detail grade as Kadee cars, or pretty darn close. Sold out at Athearn

You may want to look at the MRSP. The retail on these things are $44 now.

That must be it then. However these arent in the Genesis line. These are RTR, I didnt realize the RTR's were getting that detailed. If they are retailing for 44 bucks. I suppose I could justify that price given they are sold out through Athearn.

Not all of the RTR's are getting that detailed (or that expensive). It varies from model to model, but even the less detailed ones are way above the old blue Box detail level!

Back