Who makes plastic Loco Air hoses

meanjean

Who makes plastic air lines for engines. I dont really like the cast metal ones. I have mostly SP, SD40s and was looking around and maybe looking in the wrong place. I know they are out there

190-492 Hoses -- Air & Signal 8 each
Are these plastic? I noticed the brass ones but these dont say?

I havnt the slightest idea lol. I tried to pull up a web site for Cal Scale but i couldnt seem to find one, guess they dont have one? Maybe someone here can tell you if those are plastic or not, sorry i couldnt be more of a help

Cal Scales are all brass or pot metal. Detail Associates are all plastic. I hadn't heard of Hi Tech Details before (thanks, Mac) but their line looks real interesting and inexpensive. I've often wondered why no one came out with rubber MU and air line cables before. It sould have saved me a lot of broken off cables and hoses.

I think Cal Scale is Brass. The Hi Tech ones are MU lines, the air hose is a freight car style, though I'm sure it can be modified.

Honest, the cheapest way would be to order some from the Atlas spare parts catalog!

Hi Tech has air lines for Loco's, passenger cars and rollingstock.
The diesel set has MU, singal and sand hose's.
The rolling stock set has just the air hose.

I ordered 2 sets of the rubber hoses. They look great online, I hope they are durable?

Yep there durable. I have some, and they do not break. Very nice to use, as all the plastic ones eventually break off.

Back