Which decoder w/ sound for "Kato N ES44AC EVO Locomotive"

TheZeke

I bought two "Kato N ES44AC EVO Locomotive Canadian Pacific" off eBay (with different road numbers of course) but I don't know which decoders to get. I bought two of the following which are identical except the road numbers:
http://bit.ly/Opa6Tc

I tried asking the eBay seller (jimstrns) early last week but he hasn't replied to me even still. He must be busy I guess. Does anyone know where I can find out the best decoder to get w/ sound? I kind of know to google for "DCC decoder ES44AC" but I don't trust google that much. :-D

Sincerely,
TheZeke

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe I have seen one for the ES44...... I prefer to avoid sound decoders in N scale for rather unfortunate reasons. Try digitrax, MRC or ESU but be mindfull that you are taking a risk buying one. Does it have to have sound? If not, I can recommend some good non-sound decoders...

Thanks wpkelley for mentioning the model #. Sir Robbins is sound on N Scale really that terrible? Is it rife with problems or does it sound so bad its not worth it? I'm open to good non-sound too I guess if either of the above is 100% true.

I have sound on my PA and PB and I like it. Its not easy to install but still worth it to me.

Back