Which Controller?

Hey Sherrel:

Switching? SWITCHING?

Man, that's one thing I never want to get into on my layout!

I like simplicity on my old age!

I want nothing more than to roll endlessly through the desolate wilderness of my High Desert on my 127-foot 2.09 mile closed-loop railroad!

Leave Switching, Sidings, Delivery Spurs, Turntables, Yards, and other complexities to the younger set in their 50's & 60's!

Brakeman Hal, age 82

{QUOTE]I don't want any more than one train on my layout at a time. I like to run my train around the desolate wilderness of my High Desert country with no towns, industries, switches or sidings, and no structures of any kind. This is the kind of Railroading that pleases me! [/QUOTE]

Then I do NOT see why you want to change from a nice O scale you have to HO???

Thanks everyone, but I wouldn't like walk-around wireless control!

That would destroy the illusion of distance between the operator and the train, which would be a detriment to me, not a benefit.

I operate from a fixed distance in my 20' x 25' Game room, and I like to watch my train approaching and receding from a distance, and a walk-around throttle would kill that advantage for me. I would rather see my train rounding the far bend of my layout, 30 feet away, than up close!

Brakeman Hal
View attachment 32045

Don't understand why you want to swich back to HO, if your layout is this simple and you simlpy like to run ONE train, and no switching, or sidings or industry or....

If you read what he says, he wants to move to HO due to a bigger selection of equipment. Based on what you have said, I would take a look at the Digitrax Zephyr Xtra. It is a console, so it will just sit right where you put it, the Zephyr as it comes from the box, has the throttle built into the console, no external throttle with a cord, so no chance of the operator wandering off. It will run all of your DCC equipped locomotives, and can control the sound decoders.

Back