What State do you live in?

What State do you live in

Ignoring the assumption that everyone who models US railroads lives in the US - smile - I live in Suffolk, UK, in a small village called Tuddenham St. Martin, where the St. Martin comes from the medieval church on the hill called St. Martin's. The most exciting thing happening around here is that from my model shop I can see the main line into Felixstowe docks - the largest container port in the UK. We are waiting for the new GE, USA, built Class 70
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_70_(PowerHaul))
to start hauling containers across the bridge outside my shop.

If you want to see where I lve and check out the weather real time go to

http://www.onerosecottage.co.uk

David

In the town of Corarsegold, Ca. which is in the foothills North of the Fresno area by about 30 miles and to the East of Madera about the same distance. An area rich in old Logging & Gold minning history. Quite a number of years back there was an Southern Pacific Spur Line that ran up into the foothills from Merced, Ca to the tiny old towns of Raymond & Knowles, litterally only a stones throw away almost - these are two other small towns to the West of me in the foothills. When the Madera Sugar Pine lumber Company, which is just outside the Southern boundry of Yosemite National Park, started its' logging opperation the SP Spur line delivered a Small Shay Loco to Raymond which then had to be disassembled and taken by Ox & wagon a considerable distance of about 20 miles up to the Mill area, I believe, which was in Cedar Valley with an elevation change of at least 1500', no small task but it was done. CV is above Oakhurst, one small town North of where I'm at and then on up to the CV mill and reassembled. This would mean that they very possibly went right by my property here or possibly even through it as the old stage road cuts right through my place also, indeed it passed right through the back yard.

From the Gold minning standpoint, there were a number of operating Hard Rock Mines with a few operating Stamp Mills to crush the Ore and a fair amount of Gold was derived from the area but much farther up Hwy 49 which starts in Oakhurst the next town North there were much larger mines and much bigger Gold producers.
So there you have it.

Just on the western outskirts of London ON almost a couple hundred yards away from both the CN double main and CP main. Heeheehee :D:D:D

That would put you somewhere between Hyde Park and Vanneck Rd off of Gainsborough, which means you are familiar with the private driveway deadend overpass on Denfield Rd. I have been there many times myself and with my young family to see both CN and CP action there, great spot.

It amazes me how many people are on this forum from London Ontario, let alone Ontario (Canada). Oh yeah I live in London, ON Canada too!:D

Tuscaloosa, Alabama.....Home of the University of Alabama and its National Champions Crimson Tide Football Team! ROLL TIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Marion, Indiana for the time being. But, the layout is in Cheboygan, Michgan. So, how do you figgers out where you live? Is it where you lay your head at night? Or where you play with trains?

Bob

Back