What size brass wire for air hose

Marlin39

I'm building a narrow gauge critter and mounted an air tank on the hood. I want to attach some pipe to both ends and into the hood. What diameter brass wire would be close to scale? Also, would it be normal to have pipes coming out of both ends of the tank?

Thanks

The scale size would depend on what scale you are modeling. You don't say. Something in the 2" OD would be appropriate. .020-.025 in HO or .025 to .040 in O would be somewhere in the ballpark. A narrow gauge engine might not be plumbed the same as a standard gauge engine.
Yes, it would be common to have in an inlet and outlet pipe on the air tank.

The scale size would depend on what scale you are modeling. You don't say. Something in the 2" OD would be appropriate. .020-.025 in HO or .025 to .040 in O would be somewhere in the ballpark. A narrow gauge engine might not be plumbed the same as a standard gauge engine.
Yes, it would be common to have in an inlet and outlet pipe on the air tank.
Sorry, HO. I was thinking .020 also. Thanks for confirming.

BTW, I think you are actually talking about an air line, rather than a flexible air hose, and I'll bet drawings of most narrow gauge equipment would give a good baseline measurement for a train air line. Which would come out pretty much as Dave said ^.

BTW, I think you are actually talking about an air line, rather than a flexible air hose, and I'll bet drawings of most narrow gauge equipment would give a good baseline measurement for a train air line. Which would come out pretty much as Dave said ^.
That's why I said "pipe" and not "hose".;)

Back