What is this kit.....

tlark

In the description: it says Time Saver Kit, meaning two things to me.

Not so good quality & non-weighted car body or fully detailed easy to build similar Proto's fully assembled PS2.

I ask b/c I purchased a couple fully assmebled in which the detail is very good and they are weighted & free rolling IMO. I have not found any since, appearantly they only did a run of 2 numbers that were fully assembled.

any thoughts.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lifelike-UP-Pro...ryZ19135QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It means some Chinese Laborer put all the grab irons on for you. The time saver kits are the SAME QUALITY as any amazing proto 2000 kit, it just saves the builder time, thus the name.

It means some Chinese Laborer put all the grab irons on for you. The time saver kits are the SAME QUALITY as any amazing proto 2000 kit, it just saves the builder time, thus the name.

Absolutely correct. I have several different versions of the P2K kits. The time savers just have some stuff preassembled. Enjoy them. They are great kits.

After I assembled my first P2K PS2CD Timesaver kit, I swore I'd never buy another of the standard kits.

It's not shake the box by a long shot, but it does cut a lot of the fiddly work out of it.

I ended up buying all these on ebay. Before I pulled the trigger I searched around a found them to be somewhat hard to find especially in the UP. Are time saver kits still available ??..... trying to locate a few more UP PS2's just like in the ebay link above.

Just my own opinion and I apologize if I come off as a Grouch (or Grinch) but Time-Saver or not, P2K kits just do NOT go together well for me. Frankly, if I want a well-detailed plastic kit where everything fits where it's SUPPOSED to, I go toward Red Caboose or Intermountain. But I've never had any luck with P2K. If I want one of their cars, I just spend the extra cash and buy it RTR.

Let someone else have the headache of putting it together, LOL!

Egad, I DO sound like the Grinch. Sorry about that.:eek:

Tom

I've been frustrated with the P2K's too, but some time, and plenty of filing on joining sides, and it'll go together easier.

Back