What is this Caboose?

rustam

Hello! I have this Union Pacific Caboose. This color, it is a replica, a toy or have prototypes in real life? Please tell me whether or not such a Union Pacific Caboose?

What wheelsets better place?

The model may or may not actually accurately represent a UP prototype (cabooses tended to be home-built and pretty unique from railroad to railroad, and model manufacturers will base their model off one particular design and paint it for many railroads) but the paint scheme is definitely typical of UP cabooses.

One end has the ancient Mantua coupler! Those keep company with the dodo bird.

The crude molded details make it look like something from the 50s. Maybe Varney or Mantua.

The paint color and lettering are pretty good.

But I think the body is more like a Santa Fe caboose then UP.

From what I can tell doing some Google image searches, most UP caboose models were center cupola designs. Offset cupolas like your model were mostly older wooden cars.

I'm not any kind of expert on UP equipment, being a Burlington Route enthusiast and modeller (1940's-1960's, before BN), but as to the model manufacturer, I would hazard a guess that, from the very oversized flanges on the wheels, I would think maybe AHM/Rivarossi. I agree that Kaydee wheelsets would be a good replacement, along with some Kaydee couplers (unless, of course, you need a transition car for cars using hook-horn (X2f) couplers). BTW, the "Q" and other roads called cabooses "waycars".

It is not a model of a U.P.prototype. As was pointed out earlier it is very similar to a Santa Fe prototype. Kind of a neat little hack though. Similar to but not quite an Athearn model.

Steve

Thanks for the answers!

Thank you all for answering my question?

Sorry, I misled you about the company manufacturers of this model. I knew that this RIVAROSSI. I had to say it to you at the beginning of the topic. Sorry!

This model from Rivarossi very similar to the model of Athearn. Almost the same body!

Yes, of course I will change wheelsets and installed Kadee couplings. I also have a set of glasses from this Athearn Caboose.

I just want to know whether such a Caboose in real life? )))
The network can not find a similar body UP ...

Back