What happened to our photos?

Bob, Old 97 (Mike) has volunteered to help as the contest mod. I know Willis doesn't really need to take anything else to do right now.

Excellent, thanks Mike. I've set him up as a moderator, please show him how this works and let me know if he has any problems.

If we're going to do reruns, things will be somewhat easier. It is getting tough to come up with acceptable new topics.

We're going to do whatever the guy(s) running the contest want to do. They're doing the work, so they get to make the call. Choose any topics you'd like (with a few obviously exceptions, this is a family show...) and re-runs are fine with me.

Photo Contest

I agree OLD97 will be an excellent moderater . Let me be the first one to yell outHIP HIP HOORAY !!!!!!!!! to Eric for a job well done and best wishes for your future endeavors !!!:D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal, OLD 97, thanks for taking the job on and thanks to Eric for reviving and running it for as long as he did. I'm looking forward to some great pictures.

Cool! Hope one is up and running by July 1......

Thank you! And BTW, Eric, you did a great job with the contests for a long time. A very big thank you to you. Hope you will have more time to do that fantastic research on RR History down there.

Eric and Mike, my thanks go out to both of you. Perhaps we should make occasional inquiries as to possible replacements so that any one mod doesn't get "used up and shrivelled" by dutifully hanging in there too long? For, example, this is one task that should probably change hands annually.

-Crandell

At the throttle.......

Dear friends,

I wish to thank Eric for the great job he has done in the past while at the throttle of the photo contests.
I also wish to thank Bob for giving me an opportunity at the throttle myself and lastly, I wish to thank all of you for the kind words and encouragement as we get this train rolling again.
If anyone has suggestions for contest topics, please feel free to contact me.

To borrow a quote from Ron's signature: " Keep the axels greased and the tender full... We're rollin' now!".

Mike

Looking forward to some good things, Mike. Have we done one on cabooses lately? Seems like a good topic. How about one on street running? Maybe "Downtown at night"? Cool bridges? Your most modern power? Trains from the 50's....I've got a million ideas but I don't know if they would be very popular or if they've already been done to death.

Back