What firm does the most good rails? 1:87 (НО)

rustam

For all - hello!
What firm does the most good rails?

At us in shops is Piko, Roco, Fleischmann. Height of 2,5 mm.

At us in a city I have found at one seller rails of firm the Atlas, height of 2,1 mm.

I will use only the American cars and locomotives.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking rustam, but if you are looking for just quality track at a good price, Atlas, NS, code 100 would be a good choice. If you want more prototypical looking track, you would want to go with code 83. Either way, you would want to stay with the Nickle Silver track for easier maintenance.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking rustam, but if you are looking for just quality track at a good price, Atlas, NS, code 100 would be a good choice. If you want more prototypical looking track, you would want to go with code 83. Either way, you would want to stay with the Nickle Silver track for easier maintenance.

Thanks for the answer! You correctly understand me ;-)
100 - 2,5 mm. 83 - 2,1 mm.
What size is better? What to choose - with a ballast or not?
On 83 wheels won't touch a ground?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with Micro Engineering in N scale, and if I were making a new layout in HO, I'd do the same. They have a great selection and you can have uber-realistic looking code 70 mains and code 55 yard tracks.

Say Rustam,
This is my second reply to you as the first one didn't somehow get posted and maybe just as well?

Being in the U.S.A. the flange depth of our equipment, which the HO scale models of American protodtypes are copied after, may well be different than what you have in Moscow/European rail system?

I would say that Peco track or Atlas is a good choice for you and depending on the period of equipment your modeling will determine the rail height needed but Code 83 may be a good choice for you?

On the other hand, if your modeling U.S. prototype equipment I'd have to say I'm very partial to RailCraft in past years or Micro-Engineering [now] as I think their rail profile is excellent.

As my profile states I'm hand laying all my track and building my own switches in both code 70 weathered rail for the main line as well as code 55 weathered for the sidings and any yards I may have. The Era is the 1890's through 1910 time period and so I'm running light weight steam with some early Boxcab diesel equipment and anything over code 70 starts to look odd.

Now just to show you the flange clearance on both cars & Locos Steam, Model Die Casting [Roundhouse] makes-up most of what I have and with the current flanges even on code 55 rail, and with the spike heads scrunched up a bit, they don't hit if the spikes are seated properly on top of the wood ties.

Take a look at some of my recent pictures of the Anglin Oil siding [code 55] and main line just beyond it which is [code 70].

Hello Guys! Thanks for answers! And big thanks Trussrod!
I want to show you all cars which at me is. I have American, European (German) and Russian cars. Locomotives too are.
I will necessarily lay out here a photo after a while.

I already know that I want... But there is other problem. ;-)

p.s. Excuse I long didn't answer... There was no time...

Back