What are you buying this Month?

I did actually buy this yesterday, I'm not supposed to but they are hard to come by these days.

1714744867582.png

Stopped by the LHS on the way home from work to see if the $4.00 plastic had come in so I could finish my retaining wall. It hadn't come in so I got this $30 dollar boxcar. I can't let this become a pattern or they'll never tell me my plastic has arrived 🤣

View attachment 186946
Check this out, got a pick of like painted box car few weeks ago in Hartford, CT;
IMG_20240409_180954697_HDR.jpg

I am not tempting you😆

I just picked this up last week. My 1st BLI Loco. Its a nice model, I've been on the lookout for a quality gp35 for a while. Finally pulled the trigger. It's super smooth and sounds great!
I really like these keep alive capacitor's that manufacturer's are putting in these newer locos.
Great idea!

Z

View attachment 186952
That's a nice looking loco, I've a similar (older) Athearn version which when I put the headlight on, looked like Rudolph the Reindeer, a quick body and glazing removal with a complete body interior respray of Aluminium acrylic paint solved that problem.

I made a bid for an H0 gauge brass W1 electric locomotive.
...To my knowledge the real W1s were the largest single unit electric locomotives ever built and only two were ever built.
That is what I was going to say, the King of the Electrics. One ended up on the UP as part of their coal turbine experiment.

Back