Westport Terminal RR

Wolfgang great videos!
Now I have seen al least some videos of yout layout and trains, because I cannot see any of your pictures yet..
thanks

Jos

edit 16 feb 2007:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: Oh man, sometimes I'm dom!! Didn't notice your website/homepage that was placed all the time at each of your posts!
How blind I am...sorry

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have to install a sound decoder I use ESU. But I own also Life Like engines with sound.

Wolfgang

Now I'm building my signal bridge. It will take some time until I will have it working (with lights).

IMG_0572_350.jpg

Wolfgang

Pass Exchange

Wolfgang,
I received this pass from you six years ago. I have stopped pass exchanges, since I did not receive any requests for a couple years. Have you kept up with it?

Bill Kosanda
St. Louis, Missouri USA

That is cool! Wow...I like that. I should start one of those. Bill...I would love to see your layout in person! So cool!
Neat little pass. i will try and make one of those this weekend!

Now, I've finished my signal bridge.
Which background would be best??

07-04-14_IMG_0780_350.jpg
07-04-14_IMG_0775_350.jpg
07-04-14_IMG_0798_350.jpg

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

I don't see any number plates so they must all be home boards. That is, if the singal's red you can't pass. If there's a number plate attached then you can pass proceeing at 15miles per hour looking for another train, broken rail etc. until you reach the next signal.

NYC_George

@ Bill,
I'm still in the e-pass exchange. You can see my received passes at my site. But I also exchange printed passes. To get a letter from someone in the world is very interesting. Most railroaders put an accompanying letter in the envelope together with the pass. I've quite a collection, interesting to read!

@NYC_George,
this should only be a jct. What would be the correct aspects (lights)? Or at least simplified for a model railroad.

Wolfgang

@ Bill,
I'm still in the e-pass exchange. You can see my received passes at my site. But I also exchange printed passes. To get a letter from someone in the world is very interesting. Most railroaders put an accompanying letter in the envelope together with the pass. I've quite a collection, interesting to read!

@NYC_George,
this should only be a jct. What would be the correct aspects (lights)? Or at least simplified for a model railroad.

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang

If it's a Jct then their good just the way you have them. There should be no number plates attached. This means you can't pass a red signal. If a signal has a number plate attached then you can stop and procced at 15 mph being prepared to stop for another train, broken rail etc.
Aspects range from red over red (red) stop, to red over red over green (slow clear) 10 mph, to yellow over red (approach) 30 mph being prepared to stop at next singal, to yellow over yellow (advanced approach) 45mph being prepared to stop at 2nd singal, to red over green over red (medium clear) 30 mph, most of the time be prepared to cross over to another track. Red over blinking green over red( advanced medium clear) 45 mph most of the time used with high speed cross overs, green over green (Clear) And there's many, many more.
I have signals on my model railroad and I really just use red and green right now to stop my friends from running into each other or running through switches. I really want to start using them to indicate when your about to cross over (medium clear) but haven't wired them correctly yet. I will do this in the future though.
I'm recalling all this from 1981. As an engineer you had to pass the book of rules test every year. You took the class every year then you took the test which dealt with every thing from train orders to spring switches. It's a very good thing I never had to receive train order over the radio though. You had to read it back spelling every word out.

NYC_George

Thank you for the information, NYC_George.

Now I've made a few roll-by videos at the signal bridge.
For now, I can only connect the power to each wire. :)
A jct panel with signal switches is not so urgent. You can see the signals from the bridge not so easy. The other side of the jct will get a cantilever signal for the two tracks.

Wolfgang

Back