Western Plains - first engine out

UPBigBoy

J&A Paint Shops
well we started with this when we first painted it

IMGP1844-1.png

Then we added LED ditch lights, LED front and rear main lights, then the president of Western Plains said he wanted this engine to look like it was a well used but not looked after yard engine so this is what it looks like after it left our paint shop for the final time (I hope :D )

IMGP1849.png

IMGP1851.png

IMGP1850.png

IMGP1846-1.png

Sure hope it's dirty enough for him or maybe we should have just poured a bucket of rust and dirt over it :rolleyes: - now all the repair depot for Western Plains has left to do is put the windows back in, the couplers on and a decoder board in it and it'll start to earn its' keep.

Nice weathering job. It really has that look of benign neglect that many engines have after several years of no cosmetic maintenance.

Nice weathering job. It really has that look of benign neglect that many engines have after several years of no cosmetic maintenance.

Thanks for the compliment, I hope he likes it. If he says it's not enough I've got a can of rust and liquid dirt I'll dump it in :D. Not sure how he wants the Geep I'm doing now but I'll know this week-end as it'll be ready to weather unless he wants one that looks like it just came out of the shop. Guess time will tell

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! Looks pretty good to me! Thats pretty well how I imagined it might turn out and its great jim! The GP39 you are doing should be something like this, maybe just a tad cleaner. This unit here is actually a road unit, not a switcher, and will look sharp with the 2 B units behind it I think... (WP cant afford to wash loco's at present due to lack of finished railroad, lack of funds)

Here is an Atlas Trainman GP39-2 all ready for the Western Plains paintshop! Cutting out the rear door without cutting through the shell was sure a pain in the @#$.... This is the twin to the one you are working on now Jim, and these 2 are going to be strictly yard service, so weatherning on both of these will be in order I think...

Back