Welcome to the new Forum Software!

Okay, I'm downstairs now, so I'll try and upload a pic that wouldn't before:
And this time it did it! The pic size is 4.48mb, 4288 x 3216 pixels. Whatever you did, thank you! You may disregard my two previous messages.

Glad it worked. It probably didn't work right away after we switched over as I hadn't changed all the default settings yet. I was still trying to be sure it worked and get the basics down. The forum software is brand new to me for all practical purposes. I've had it running on my lightly used garden forum for a couple of years as a test, but that was version 1, and we're running the new version 2 on a much more active forum. I'm still fine tuning and adjusting things, but for the most part I think I've got it set up pretty well by now.

If you do find a photo that's not loading, let me know the specs.

I have an old outdated version of IE, I never use IE but I tried it and the forum came right up, no problems encountered for all three browsers

I usually have my computer turned off at home and kept up with the forum using TapTalk. I set it up so I can ger email whenever someone makes a post, but I can't respond at all on the phone with the new format. Any ideas? I am using a Samsung S8.

I usually have my computer turned off at home and kept up with the forum using TapTalk. I set it up so I can ger email whenever someone makes a post, but I can't respond at all on the phone with the new format. Any ideas? I am using a Samsung S8.

The forum doesn't support Tapatalk. However, you should be able to use whatever web browser comes with the phone, just like any other website. You'll need to log in of course, and if you can view the forum but not reply, you're most likely not logged in.

I have tried to connect with the link on the email and for some reason it will not connect. All I get is a message is that the connection has timed out. I use Firefox for a browser on both the computer and the phone.

There could be something weird about the e-mails, especially if you're trying to use them via the phone. So try this. Open your phone's browser and go to http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php and see if that works. If it does, and you can log in, you may have to bookmark that page and get here that way instead.

What browser are you using on the phone? I think you're saying Firefox on both? Can you try with Chrome?

Firefox. Don't like Chrome. Had issues with chrome opening a new browser every few minutes and before I knew it I had a zillion browsers open at the same time.

Firefox. Don't like Chrome. Had issues with chrome opening a new browser every few minutes and before I knew it I had a zillion browsers open at the same time.

OK, I just wanted to see if it was a browser issue or possibly something else. I'll see if I can find a way to test that. Anyone else using a Samsung S8?

What happens when you simply go to www.modelrailroadforums.com What do you get there?

I have been able to get on, but it is outdated with the coffee house at page 59. Can't update. seems frozen in time.

I think there may be a problem with the phone or the settings. It may be smarted than me.

I really hate technology sometimes,

Well, as much as I hate to say it, you may have to talk to the cell phone company and ask them what's going on. Maybe they can help? If you're seeing that before you even log in, something's odd on their end. Almost sounds like they're still going to the old server, but it's been over a week, it certainly should be the new one by now!

No, wait, that can't be it either, there is no "old server" it went offline last Monday. So that can't be it. I have not a clue.

Chet,

There are settings in Chrome that allow you to open something in the current browser or in a new browser. Chances are you had the "open in anew browser" option checked.

I'll play around with it and see how it works. I have unlimited data, but dislike going on the internet on the phone when I have a 32 inch monitor on the desktop. And a keyboard.

I'll play around with it and see how it works. I have unlimited data, but dislike going on the internet on the phone when I have a 32 inch monitor on the desktop. And a keyboard.

Yes, I totally agree there. I also tend to use my desktop. The forum is optimized for tablets and phones as well. Unlike the old one, it scales things for your phone. Menus are optimized etc, so it should be pretty useful if you do have to use a phone. On a tablet it should be even better, being pretty much the same as the desktop experience.

Back