welcome to kaikoura RR (in progres).

jack KRR

Hi I'm Jack and I'm building my first rail road called KAIKOURA RR.

One of the biggest problems on my layout is a turnout which when it is switched off the main line the whole main line stops working.
I've tried re wiring the line but it just makes no difference.
If I keep the controller on while the turnout is off the line the controller eventually freezes up.

It's a big problem so if you know the answer please reply.

This is just a guess, but your turnout must be power-routing, and your main only gets power when your tunout is lined appropriately. But...and a big but...is it possible that even though you have actually wired the main, that your segment of main rail just after the turnout is not being fed properly due to a bad joiner? Let an engine go until it seems to run out of power, then press down on the rails on the next set of joiners in its path. If it jumps to life, you know where the problem lies.

good idea

This is just a guess, but your turnout must be power-routing, and your main only gets power when your tunout is lined appropriately. But...and a big but...is it possible that even though you have actually wired the main, that your segment of main rail just after the turnout is not being fed properly due to a bad joiner? Let an engine go until it seems to run out of power, then press down on the rails on the next set of joiners in its path. If it jumps to life, you know where the problem lies.

good idea I'll try it! Thanks!

I edited my response, but I must not have saved the change. Anyway, I had added that you should also press down on the first join to the rear of the engine. As the engine gets further away from that rearward join it may tilt the track, or twist it enough, that it actually breaks contact with the joiner....it happens, believe me.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aniburns_1_.gif

Eeeexcellent!!

Back