Weekly Photo Fun 4-24/4-29

I think the ties look good...Looks like they are new. I have seen wood ties that are grey,black,brown,some even green with all the moss growing on them. IMHO the thing that sticks out to me are the rail plates. most I see are rusty and a dull dark brown like the rails are... but this is just my opinion..

Well, I ready to accept my Razzy Award. This is my first attempt at paiinting the ties. I got them WAY too dark. thinking about using light tan and a touch of brown instead of brown with a touch of black. I don't know how you guys with the large layouts do it!!! I am sure I am missing the boat here and there is a faster way to do this.

Enough chit chat here is the photos :(

Let me know your HONEST opinion please!!!!
Well the way I look at is, Its your RR if you are happy that is what counts if not then fix it.

OK now for everyone else. In all honesty it all looks great and I mean all. Just to many to try to individualize.Now I guess it is my turn, now remember my kind words.

103074292.png

It'll be running in tandem with another GP30 that's in my black and white scheme for the L&A supposedly as a master/slug set. The only thing I don't like about them is the cheap Bachmann decoders. They'll be replaced with Digitrax DZ125 decoders when I can get them.

Well just from looking at the pic I would have to say the trucks are about gone. As for the rest of it sandblast and paint in black and white it will at least look good.

Here are some new...er....sort of new units running about on the Carlisle, Newville and Western. The SW1000 #37 is a dummy that I built on vacation between rain storms. The A&P SW1500 #1503 is a Athearn BB that I just finished using decals I swapped with Jerome. I don't know if Jerome has any SW's in blue or if the number is close to his scheme but I am very pleased with the end result. I need to add MU cables and I will call it finished as I am not going to weather it, I like the glossy look. And the last unit is a Proto GP30 that I decaled using a set I got from Kevin Burkholder when he lived nearby years ago. It too will probably remain glossy. I do like weathered units but these two look so good as is......

The A&P SW1500 #1503 is a Athearn BB that I just finished using decals I swapped with Jerome. I don't know if Jerome has any SW's in blue or if the number is close to his scheme but I am very pleased with the end result.

Pretty close in color, number series and layout. ;)

101_0588.jpg

The A&P SW1500 #1503 is a Athearn BB that I just finished using decals I swapped with Jerome. I don't know if Jerome has any SW's in blue or if the number is close to his scheme but I am very pleased with the end result.

Pretty close in color, number series and placement ;)

101_0588.jpg

Ran into this on my way home. The track that he was on runs parallel to the road that heads out toward my house. First time in six years I've ever seen a train on this set of tracks. I ran with him at exactly 8mph down the road holding traffic behind me. Im sure the folks in the cars behind me were none too thrilled, I was like a kid in a candy store though
etrwy2.jpg

etrwy1.jpg

Motley how does it run?? I got one of the early production SW1's by Walthers when they first came out years ago and it still runs well...even after bouncing it off the floor once.
Rich

Jerome, thanks, much appreciated. Here are two mother/slug sets I have been working on for the mill...like I need more power in the mill. The 7/11 set is an early Proto SW1200 that runs well with a homebuilt slug from the ubiquitous Athearn BB SW1200...as you can see the paint fairy pulled off some of the color when removing the tape on the slug...stupid tape. The 8/12 set is an Athearn BB SW1500 that has the standard motor in it and the slug is another Athearn BB SW1200...Hope to add handrails and couplers to it this week and then finish decaling all four. Long live the SW's!!

Back