Weekly Photo Fun 3/5 - 3/11

Here's one from me for this week. This is my patched out L&N U30C that I did for my railroad the Pilar Valley Railway.

IMG_0313.jpg

Here's one from me for this week. This is my patched out L&N U30C that I did for my railroad the Pilar Valley Railway.

IMG_0313.jpg

WOOOOOOOOO!:eek: Absolutely amazing modelling and photography.
Very well done. Just like the real thing.
icon14.gif

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much guys for the great comments:)

It's an Athearn blue box with details added including Smokey Valley handrails. I was in the L&N paint and I patched it out for my own Pilar Valley Railway. I weathered it with airbrush, powders, oils and acrylics. I then sealed it all with a couple of coats of Dull Cote. I have always wanted to do a blown turbo on an engine so that is what all the black is on the long hood. I also painted the center of the long hood on the conductor's side a primer color as if it had some work done to it.

This is a picture of the otherside on my layout. If the fuel tank looks shiny in this picture, it's because it is. The oils on the fuel tank were still wet when I took this picture.
DSCF4645.jpg

Here is the engine before I started on it.
DSCF4605.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pic one top shelf: where can i get the intermediate units
pic one second shelf i have never seen that style unit without a cab that neat i want one

and somewhere else: where can i get a diesel fuel tanker that expands the locos fuel tank.

i run HO.
by the way you collection of locos would be my dream come true if i had them lol. i currently have 30 diesel locos

Got the new shelves up in the hallway finally. Too cold and rainy to paint the baseboard so this will have to do instead. Yes it's 3 rail... and I hope we don't have a big earthquake now, I might have to cry!

EnginesI.jpg

PassengerCars.jpg

Those intermediate units are "B" units for the F series locomotives. You can buy them just about anywhere.

The second shelf....those are also called "B" units. Those are not as readily available. You can usually find them in brass or you can scratchbuild them.

The "B" units have been around for years. There are complete locomotives minus the cab.

Off the top of my head I don't think anyone makes the fuel tenders that you're talking about. I know you can get decals for them to make them yourself. Ohh....I take that back...I have seen some produced in brass by Overland Models.

is the turbine loco the really long UP sitting towards the bottom btw how many axels are under each truck it looks like you could fit four under them i really like that loco. i may have to chop up two of my broken units to make it or just scratch build one eventually

is the turbine loco the really long UP sitting towards the bottom btw how many axels are under each truck it looks like you could fit four under them i really like that loco. i may have to chop up two of my broken units to make it or just scratch build one eventually

Thats a DD40X, 16 axles, not a turbine, also known as a Centential because of the year they were ordered, 1969, or the 100th anniversary year of the driving of the Golden Spike
9406.1058683560.jpg

This is a Turbine.
up80.jpg

The "Fuel Tender" you previously mentioned, i believe your refering to either an Auxilary water tender, like the one in between the SP Daylight and ATSF 4-8-4, or an Oil Tender like in between the Challenger and the Northern.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is a fuel tender from the gas turbines UP had. now converted to a water tender for 3985 and 844 not sure who makes them in HO
Athearn makes a round tender. I HOPE they make the sloped one soon. The round turbine tender exists for use with 844 & 3985, however I have not seen it in photos for a few years. The sloped versions are more common.

Back