Weekly Photo Fun 10/19 - 10/26

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Seems it is Friday once again, and since nobody got THE thread started last week, I feel it is my duty to see we get the greatest thread of the week off to start...

I have had several "irons in the fire" going on over the past couple weeks. Finally have a few photos to share. The Lake Shores Limited is now occupying its staging space:

UpperStagingNew08w.png

I have put together the roof for the water tower at the coal fired electric plant:

WatertowerRoof1w.png

And I have been doing some background scenery for the area next to the staging tracks. Not by any means done, but I have a good start on it. Can you tell which "rocks" are plaster and which are the real limestone ones?

MountainScenery04w.png

Now you can... (Before staining the plaster.)

MountainScenery02w.png

Nice work. Awesome rocks. Thanks for keeping things moving. Where is my camera?.......surely I could take a photo of.......something? In a while I'll feel more motivated. :)

Mike

Great stuff (as usual) guys!
Wish I had something fresh to share this week, but time has been scarce, and the camera scarcer! (is scarcer even a word)
Its not that I have forgotten about it, its just that I haven't gotten
round_tuit.jpg

:D:D:D

I got a bit more done on the scenery I have been doing today. Added a wash of Modelflex Sand and Reefer Gray colors mixed and diluted with 70% alcohol to tone the rocks a bit and add some interest to the coloring. I also bought some more Envirotex Lite to pour the stream coming down the mountainside. Added a bunch of limestone rocks to it as well. Still have a long way to go. The stream will have turbulence added and a couple waterfalls using WS Water Effects brushed in places. The Tan/Taupe colored areas will become forest and meadows, etc. These were taken with the module sitting on the yard tracks....

MountainScenery05w.png

Some close ups:

MountainScenery06w.png

MountainScenery08w.png

MountainScenery07w.png

And one of the upper area:

MountainScenery10w.png

Construction progress on my Philly & Scranton: L to R:

Philly Terminal District
Reading Yards & Shops
Outer Station in the distance
Port Clinton peninsula(Tamaqua against wall in distance)

More Philly & Scranton construction updates: (L to R)

Tamaqua peninsula(station to be in foreground)
Tamqua/Hazelton Yard
Wilkes-Barre peninsula
Future location of Scranton peninsula(framing standing on floor in distance. Mock up of Reading Terminal in foreground on floor.)

No updates for me. I did pick up an undecorated athearn SD70M-2 for $70. Sooooo many tiny pieces.

Back