Weekly Photo Fun 1-22/1-28

10-20-08_004.jpg

nice. you have any more pics of the EL unit up close?

Got a bit more done this afternoon and evening. Fire protection has been added to the bridge as have some bolts to hold the bridge solidly. Rails got a coat of rust and it looks like they will get another tomorrow........... Some more bushes and vines have sprouted.....

Bridge2Nowhere10w.png

Been following your progress Ray,,,,,looks good!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of projects, I'm just waiting for a roof ac unit, new truck sideframes, speed recorders and electrical cabinet filter box to finish prep for paint of Maryland Midland 305. Under the hood she is getting a can motor, new wheels and DCC w/sound! I'll do the electrical while I'm waiting for paint to dry!
Project%20305.jpg

Carl and Karl Thanks! Still have a bit more to do before I will call it "good enough", but it is getting there.

Started a new piece this afternoon, this is in O scale and is a copy of the Leaverite Mine using the old plans from Colorado Scale Models.

Also the roof on the Texas & Great Plains machine shop is done other then the "tar paper" roofing. Built a large clerestory to help in viewing the full interior, roof is designed to be removable to fully view the details inside.

Some really nice work this week. I've been too busy to get down to the layout to do any thing. Maybe this week. :( HB, I think you're being more than charitable to describe the thickness of those ditchlights as just a "little" deeper than the prototype. :)

Great stuff everyone!!!

I have been working on a C&O freight house on and off for the last month, Everything was going great until I saw the awesome detail that mdcustom produces!!! I was intrigued and inspired to try detailing a structure like that but in H.O. scale. It is nowhere near done but this is what I have so far!!

100_1066.png

The interior office walls have a Wainscoting. The gap at the bottom will be for a raised tounge and groove flooring!

100_1069.png

The bathroom is pretty much done I built it before being installed, because lets face it these details are really tiny in HO. scale

100_1064.png

100_1065.png

I will try to post more pics as more is done!!!

Later,

DEVLYN

The freight house is looking really good Devlyn, nice work on the details for the restroom.

Matt's attention to detail is pretty sweet, cool to see another modeler taking that path because I know that my skills are definitely lacking to do so. :D

Very good work, Devlyn. Even if we can get down to level of detail in HO Matt is able to do in O scale, you can still do some very nice work. I'll be looking forward to more pictures.

a project I'm working on

"low life semi"

its a stretched and chopped kenworth frame and hood are from herpa the cab is a cut down model power. when its all done will be flat black, polished wheels maybe a flat top small bunk.

lowlifesemi.jpg

I'm new in this forum and I love how die hard model train collectors (like me :)) shares their most precious collections.

Thanks for the posts!

Gary, what did you use for the roads? I can't quite tell if you were going after the gravel or rough asphalt look, but I like it.

Drew, so are you working on a "low-rider" truck? :)

Gary, what did you use for the roads? I can't quite tell if you were going after the gravel or rough asphalt look, but I like it.

Thanks Jim...My original thought was just for a standard gravel type road...I experimented with several different shades of gray ballast....None of these satisfied me until I added some fine cinders ballast to a darker gray...It does have an asphalt look, which I also like....I used Medium gray ballast mixed with fine cinders ballast.

Back