WeekendPhotoFun Jan 11 12 13

Remember this?

P1010002-28.jpg

Here it is after a run through the paint shop.

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

Good paint job, Jeffrey. Did you use rattle cans, or what?

(I like the Pringles silo in the background.) :D

Give that man a cigar! Rattle cans all the way. Model paints are at apremium here. The local Wal-Mart deleted their entire model section. There's no models, paints, air brushes, nothing! Maybe next month I can check the Wal-Mart in DeRidder to see if they have any model paint. I like the acrylics.

Remember this?

Oh yeah, the controversial engine. :rolleyes:
Looks good Jeff.
Two questions though:
A) Did you remove the cab door on purpose?
B) Does your model railroad have an issue with people climbing on the locomotives that warranted a "KEEP OFF" stencil from the paint shop??? :p

I was kind of wondering about the "Keep Off" stencil too. Seems like it would be hard to get the crew aboard if they followed the rules. :)

Oh yeah, the controversial engine. :rolleyes:
Looks good Jeff.
Two questions though:
A) Did you remove the cab door on purpose?
B) Does your model railroad have an issue with people climbing on the locomotives that warranted a "KEEP OFF" stencil from the paint shop??? :p
A: No. It broke off while I was prepping the loco for repainting. I decided to leave it off, just to add an extra touch. Many of the E's were run in the summer months with the doors open for ventilation. Air conditioning wasn't in as wide-spread use as it is now. The cab could get pretty warm.

B: The 'KEEP OFF!" sign is aimed at railfans who feel that they have a God-given right to climb up into the cab. Company policy forbids it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back