Weekend Photo Fun 6-10/6-16

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Here we have a GP38-2 pulling 3 gondolas of scrap iron from Scooter's Salvage Yard.
DSCN0891.jpg

Jeffrey, couple of excellent shots there my friend! You're photography should win some "most improved" award!

DJ, Wow! As always some incredible modeling and photography!

I have gotten a bit more done on the Engine House this past week. Not much time available for trains......[:(] I have finally gotten all the lights installed and checked to make sure they will work. Also built another workbench and added some tools. Waiting on more parts to arrive to finish the interior.

BranchEngineHouse12w.png

BranchEngineHouse11w.png

Very nice photos Jeffrey and Grampy!

This is the D&RGW Colorado Ski Train, as it enters the tunnel near Winter Park Ski Resort.

P1000286_1.jpg

Great northern 2-8-8-0 number 2004 trundles along needing fuel and water after dropping off 150 loads of iron ore.....

003-4.png

Fire train:

P1010019.png

The ugliest steamer (and the only Berks) the SP ever had:

IMG_0345.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well GP7's and GP9's already look almost identicle, the difference being the location of the class lights. I thought you were making your GP9 look like a rebuild of sorts.

I figure I better add something to this week's thread. Here are a couple shots of one of my favorite GP9's, a Proto 2000 BN 1949. This unit is really a jack of all trades locomotive on the club layout, and can be found doing anything from Yard duties to local service to being placed in a consist for mainline runs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I haven't played for awhile and thought I'd throw one in. I was thinking about the rainbow consists on the very late BN and thought I'd put one together. I'm sure you don't want to see the usual garage detritus so blacked the background. First out is an ex Milwaukee Road SD40-2 painted up as GATX 7357 followed by LMX 8527, ATSF 220, NS 3182, and BN 9284.

IMG_3155.jpg

RE GP7s and 9s, there were a few louvers that were different as well as the class lights. 7s had round handrail stanions and 9s stamped channels. Some non dynamic 7s had taller engine room doors and that is all I can remember right off.

Here's my first contrabution to the WPF.

I snapped a photo of the CP 1426 in the Marquette yard, waiting to hitch a ride up to St. Paul after helping train the new conductors in Mason City.
View attachment 26432

Back