way of coupling !

flesland

I was watching Youtube videos about "switching operations" and suddenly I'm wonder a doubt about it. When anyone want to make that kind of operations in order to get coupling any rolling stock with a locomotive, Do they should get coupling each other without need manual intervention within the process?.....

I could realize that in clips, the locomotives that work out in clasification tasks, "slightly hit" rolling stock, but then the most of videographers make a little stop in recording to continue then with secuence of carry out the mentioned locomotive and their group of rolling stock behind of it.

What's the deal with this?...or in all that kind of process is needed to apply "hand work" to join or separate rolling stock ?

Sorry for my english I try to make my best effort!!!!!

Thanks !!!

Sergent couplers. Better for coupling "prototypically" however require major manual opening of a coupler... Requires at least one knuckle to be open to couple however both make it easier. Requires hand (top) activation with a magnet to open a knuckle.

Kadee (or equivalent) easier to remotely uncouple, however require more of a "hit" to couple as they're always closed.

Back