Walthers' MR Freight House

Hathaway Browne

Intrepid Adventurer
So I've been looking at the Milwaukee Road Freight House and Office that Walthers have released... but something doesn't seem quite right about the measurements.

Maybe its the photo they have, but the Freight House doesn't look like its 9-3/4 x 9-3/8. That surely makes it more of a square building than it appears in the shot.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and it is a square building?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

So I've been looking at the Milwaukee Road Freight House and Office that Walthers have released... but something doesn't seem quite right about the measurements.

Maybe its the photo they have, but the Freight House doesn't look like its 9-3/4 x 9-3/8. That surely makes it more of a square building than it appears in the shot.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and it is a square building?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

You're right, those published dimensions - if they're correct - yield an almost square building. I have a couple of them on the way; I'll let you know if they are square or more rectangular as shown in the pics.

The picture does look more rectangular, but im sure its square like the dimensions say it is, and rather just an illusion or some sort. i have never built a Walthers structure and found the dimensions different then what was listed on the box or the web site....

I've downloaded the instructions for this kit from the Walthers website and found something interesting. The kit is somewhat modular in that it can be combined with other freight houses or the Walthers Freight Office.

The 'long' sides are actually comprised of two panels; one is three units long and the other is one unit long. If one leaves off the smaller panel, you get a building that is very nearly square. Otherwise, it is rectangular, as clearly shown in the instructions.

I suspect that the measurements posted on the Walthers website reflect the version without the two panels. Here is the link: http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-2954

Back