Walther's Fire Department Headquarters

I got it as a birthday gift from the wife but have not built it yet. It looks good, and large. I keep getting buildings I have no space for. I don't know what you mean by module style but I do believe the bay doors open.

Gary, I'd like to see pics of the finished product, what I mean by module style is you can build the Office side on either side of the truck bays. As In all the pics I have seen the office is on the left hand side of the bays. Was wondering if you can build it on the right hand side.

Chad, Well it maybe a long time before I have any pictures to post of it since I hadn't planned to get it. Secondly, taking a look at the instructions and the parts it is NOT moduler. Those bays stay to the left. It would take some serious cutting and kit bashing to make it right handed.

I have built this kit. It is not modular; the offices are only on the left. The doors can be assembled either open or closed, they don't open. I like the building and I will try to remember to get a picture the next time I go out to the trainroom. It's raining tonight and the trainroom is in a building 100' from the back door.
willie

Here's those pictures Chad:
07-17-13 004.jpg07-17-13 005.jpg07-17-13 006.jpg07-17-13 007.jpg

Willie, very nice! Now you have me itching to build mine. Your city scene appears to be coming together rather nicely.

Willie! I agree with Gary, very nice building and now Im gonna go get one. Your city scene looks great also! Again thanks for the pics!

Thanks guys, this scene is in the center of a turn-back blob. As you can tell it isn't complete yet. I have lights installed in the fire station and people in the office, but haven't connected the wires yet. While many of my buildings are weathered, I am not going to weather this one except for the already applied coat of dullcote. It and the building under construction next to it represent some urban renewal in my city.
willie

Back