Video of my NYC Niagara

Thanks Grampys. The gates took a whole lot longer to install than I thought and their still not quite in sink. They are noticeably slower though. I’ll have to do a little more adjusting to get the timing right. I love the Blueline Niagara, 12 passenger cars are about the max it can pull.

NYC_George

Nice video. Along with the gates and flashing lights, that whole section with the depot looks really nice.

Dang, George, it's people like you that make me want to buy a steam engine with sound. :) The best diesel I have doesn't sound half as good as that Niagra when she starts off after the station stop. Looks like the gates are alsmost right. With a little more teaking, they should be in sync. Those big Walthers pnuematic gates are about the hardest one to get to work right.

Jim the video doesn’t do this loco justice. This engine has a great sound to it. When I first did the video it sounded terrible. The camera could not pick up the rich tones of the engine. Then I though if I recorded the sequence at the same time with my computer using Goldwave it would sound more natural. Then I could over dub the original camera version. That worked, it sounded better but still not as good as if you were here. Now that I’m retired I have more and more people visiting to see the Layout. The Empire State Express is the last train I run before they leave. When they hear the Niagara the look on the face is WOW !!!

NYC_George

Beautiful video. I also like the gates and the way they start off the action. Nice titles too. I wonder why this doesn't have more views.

John it's a double deck 24 X 24 X 30. I changing the entree duck under and gate right now. Go to layout design, it's under bridge update 4. Thank's for your comment.
George

Back